+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arsenal v Burnley Match Preview

We've finally passed Derby, onwards and upwards!

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    We've finally passed Derby, onwards and upwards!
    You can sleep soundly in your bed of a night now Chris, we won't be going into the record books.

This result will definitely make the other relegation threatened teams take notice that we have every chance of climbing the table. It will also put a stop to all the negative comments we’ve been accustomed to on here, if only for a short while.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    This result will definitely make the other relegation threatened teams take notice that we have every chance of climbing the table. It will also put a stop to all the negative comments we’ve been accustomed to on here, if only for a short while.
    Sorry malwayne, we are f*cked - well and truly. You need goals to win games and we have none in our locker.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Sorry malwayne, we are f*cked - well and truly. You need goals to win games and we have none in our locker.
    Strange season. Last season after 18 games we had lost 9 games, this season we have lost 8.
    Last season we had scored 10 goals, this season we have scored 16 and yet we can't score goals!

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Thanks Norder. This could be a rough second half of the season.
    well, we've weathered enough of them...Outwood, and theres plenty others that aren't exactly consistent - or of adequate quality enough to be confident of a following PL season, and with games in hand, and their points at present...however grim it seems, I can't convincingly say...that all is lost.
    transfer window will reveal more - perhaps.

I can not say to much about the game I had to do some work for my son. Exactly when that game was on.
    Before the game I had to predict 4-0. but todays team (of what I saw, seemed a different Burnley.) We held a top team!! Roberts held Martinelli, but the whole defence defended well. I am going to keep an eye out 2 players I would not like to see in the team Westwood and Brownhill, both Midfield .Yes we could have 'nicked ' it but that happens. I will give credit to Pieters ,at his age to be against Saka. Perhaps not having Woods up front ,we played less of a hoof ball game, but again I did not see the whole game ,but I did see a different Burnley.
    I was happy that the Arsenal crowd were very unhappy with their team one headline says , ''Toothless Arsenal labour to bore draw with dogged Burnley.''

We defended well. so then made Arsenal look 'toothless'

I loved it. Love a good defensive performance and I think that's fair enough against Arsenal. McNeil was wasteful when you got it forward but I reckon Cornet might be able to nick a goal or two when he's back - and if you don't concede that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    I loved it. Love a good defensive performance and I think that's fair enough against Arsenal. McNeil was wasteful when you got it forward but I reckon Cornet might be able to nick a goal or two when he's back - and if you don't concede that's enough.
    McNeil wasn't really that wasteful because he was our main threat and Ramsdale made two saves which you would expect any keeper to make. We also should have had a corner right at the death when McNeil's shot deflected off the defender and Ramsdale also got fingertips to it.
    As you say, wanderlust, a good defensive performance, however, many Clarets fans are still in denial as to the way we set up and want us to be a lot more expansive in our play.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    As you say, wanderlust, a good defensive performance, however, many Clarets fans are still in denial as to the way we set up and want us to be a lot more expansive in our play.
    There's a time and a place for everything and with the players you've got and your current position there's much to be said for clean sheets. The problem for all teams is that unless you have exceptionally athletic box to box midfielders, playing more attacking footie weakens the defence - and vice versa. You will need goals sooner or later though and pace up top will give you a chance.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)