+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Birmingham v Barnsley match thoughts

I seriously don’t think we’ll get another win this season.
    We’ve players who have the talent but their confidence is shot to pieces.
    Two reasons for that, firstly they’re surrounded by players who would struggle in the third division and their performances have dropped to match those players.
    Secondly we have owners who haven’t a clue about European football and have dug their heels in regarding plan of buying young and cheap and it’s crippling our club. I know we can’t spend mega bucks but we can get experienced players even on the cheap but that’s never going to happen with these amateurs.
    I feel for the players who built themselves a good reputation last season and now have big question marks over their heads and if I were them I’d be off at the first opportunity that came along regardless of which club it was.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I don't know what is a good performance or a bad one anymore Roma .

The bar is set that low these days .
    Not a great performance , but not the worst Animal , slight improvement on past performances , more than enough chances to get a point , on a better day possibly a win , I'm putting off pitch problems aside on this one , the team today were as good as Brum , but as we all know lack of confidence and not getting the odd break when everything seems to be against you happens , it's probably to late to save our season now , however at least some players showed some fight , Palmer , Iseka, and Cole were awful , Keep playing Vic , he was an handfull today took his goal well and was denied another by an excellent stop by the goalie , Helics overhead kick deserved to go in but it hits the foot of the post and rebounds back into the goalies hands , I'm fairly pleased with today's performance ,
    We need Cauley Back quick !!

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    I seriously don’t think we’ll get another win this season.
    We’ve players who have the talent but their confidence is shot to pieces.
    Two reasons for that, firstly they’re surrounded by players who would struggle in the third division and their performances have dropped to match those players.
    Secondly we have owners who haven’t a clue about European football and have dug their heels in regarding plan of buying young and cheap and it’s crippling our club. I know we can’t spend mega bucks but we can get experienced players even on the cheap but that’s never going to happen with these amateurs.
    I feel for the players who built themselves a good reputation last season and now have big question marks over their heads and if I were them I’d be off at the first opportunity that came along regardless of which club it was.
    It's probably the worst season I've experienced since 1971/72 when we were relegated to the old fourth division .

It's difficult to find one single thing that's actually right within the club right now .

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Not a great performance , but not the worst Animal , slight improvement on past performances , more than enough chances to get a point , on a better day possibly a win , I'm putting off pitch problems aside on this one , the team today were as good as Brum , but as we all know lack of confidence and not getting the odd break when everything seems to be against you happens , it's probably to late to save our season now , however at least some players showed some fight , Palmer , Iseka, and Cole were awful , Keep playing Vic , he was an handfull today took his goal well and was denied another by an excellent stop by the goalie , Helics overhead kick deserved to go in but it hits the foot of the post and rebounds back into the goalies hands , I'm fairly pleased with today's performance ,
    We need Cauley Back quick !!
    Fair do's Roma .

Were we wearing an old style popular all white kit today ?.
    This is a fixture which we are often capable of winning and it sounds like it was a few missed opportunities that cost us, again.
    But as some others have also suggested, Im afraid I wan't really that bothered and I only tuned in at full time for the results round up.

I can take a relegation it's nowt new to drop down in to league one .

This season is just embarrassing and humiliating to me .

This is a proud hard-working town , it's people are salt of the earth and the town loves this club .

This season is so unrecognisable as to what we are as a club and as a people .

Totally fecked over by people who couldn't give a feck about us or our team .

They really couldn't give a feck about you , they probably actually hate you for even having to provide the token gestures they do .

They hate you because this industry depends on its customers who are the life and soul of football .

They hate you for having an alternative opinion .

These people are nothing but scum .

However the fans always win in the end , yes there's always a huge price to pay for that but trust me they always win in the end .

You won't beat us Conway , you got that you bstrd .

Vic, Gomes, Morris, Styles, Helik, Anderson, all did okay. Helik unlucky not to score. Deserved something from the game.
    However, Asbaghi subs were poor, well one was, Palmer off and Moon into midfield, Hondermarck left on the bench.
    His demeanour at the side of the pitch didn't fill me with confidence, and if I was a player wouldn't fill me with fear, unlike Ismael, Stendel and Warnock who would have been screaming at the players.
    I think they would have also questioned why the ref blew exactly on 7 minutes injury time, when one of their players was down for 2 minutes during that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Were we wearing an old style popular all white kit today ?.
    This is a fixture which we are often capable of winning and it sounds like it was a few missed opportunities that cost us, again.
    But as some others have also suggested, Im afraid I wan't really that bothered and I only tuned in at full time for the results round up.
    thas allus been a part timer Kid !! 😛

Quote Originally Posted by Nozzer1953 View Post
    Vic, Gomes, Morris, Styles, Helik, Anderson, all did okay. Helik unlucky not to score. Deserved something from the game.
    However, Asbaghi subs were poor, well one was, Palmer off and Moon into midfield, Hondermarck left on the bench.
    His demeanour at the side of the pitch didn't fill me with confidence, and if I was a player wouldn't fill me with fear, unlike Ismael, Stendel and Warnock who would have been screaming at the players.
    I think they would have also questioned why the ref blew exactly on 7 minutes injury time, when one of their players was down for 2 minutes during that time.
    Poya looks like a rabbit in the headlights , doesnt show any emotion or fight , feel sorry for him in a strange way , " he's a puppet " a man given a job to do with a drawer full of seconds for tools, and we all know who is to blame for all this !

Quote Originally Posted by Nozzer1953 View Post
    When you say he made some poor subs did you actually clock our bench today Nozzer ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast