+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Todays National League Games

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    A most pleasant read. Thanks for sharing!
    A wonderful read….it reads exactly the same as what this board did after our poor run of games!

I have noticed on social media and on other message boards that other fans aren’t really talking about Notts’s chances this year. We’re kind of slipping under the football radar at the minute, if….IF…we can win some of these games in hand we will be in a great position come March time.

However, I remember saying the same thing last year with all our games in hand, and we ended up 14 points adrift!

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    A wonderful read….it reads exactly the same as what this board did after our poor run of games!

I have noticed on social media and on other message boards that other fans aren’t really talking about Notts’s chances this year. We’re kind of slipping under the football radar at the minute, if….IF…we can win some of these games in hand we will be in a great position come March time.

However, I remember saying the same thing last year with all our games in hand, and we ended up 14 points adrift!
    IMO Notts are in the box seat. If we are there or thereabouts at the end of March, our fixtures thereafter are very favourable. Some of the main contenders will be playing each other during that same period.
    Even if we don’t finish top, I would hope we have serious momentum going in to a playoff campaign.

Either way, it’s good so see a competitive league with us in the mix.

Boreham Wood are top on PPG, but whilst they have the best defence in the league, they are way down in 13th for goals per game. I can't see a club ultimately winning the league who struggle to score goals.

Having said that, Weymouth are the only club in the bottom 7 who've managed to score a single goal against BW and Weymouth are now one of only four clubs in the entire league who have scored at Boreham Wood's ground this season, with only Halifax managing to score twice there.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post

Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    IMO Notts are in the box seat. If we are there or thereabouts at the end of March, our fixtures thereafter are very favourable.
    Fingers crossed we keep this momentum up.

Eh up county fans. I've just had a look at the conference table. It made for unpleasant reading.

Spirites are top, but I'd imagine they'll lose their top goalscorer (hopefully) and they haven't played many of them more difficult sides yet. Love to see their season derailed.

There is real competition at the top though. I think Stockport will win the league, they've thrown a lot at it and have some quality. But Notts, like Mansfield, are quietly going about their business under the radar. Good place to be, must be a good mood round the place at the minute.

Quick word on Elliott Hewitt - after a dodgy start, he's come good at right back. He can cross a ball well too. I was a bit surprised we signed him and a lot of Notts fans were chuckling at it, but now he's probably one of our most consistent players. I rate him.

Quote Originally Posted by StagManStan View Post
    Eh up county fans. I've just had a look at the conference table. It made for unpleasant reading.

Spirites are top, but I'd imagine they'll lose their top goalscorer (hopefully) and they haven't played many of them more difficult sides yet. Love to see their season derailed.

There is real competition at the top though. I think Stockport will win the league, they've thrown a lot at it and have some quality. But Notts, like Mansfield, are quietly going about their business under the radar. Good place to be, must be a good mood round the place at the minute.

Quick word on Elliott Hewitt - after a dodgy start, he's come good at right back. He can cross a ball well too. I was a bit surprised we signed him and a lot of Notts fans were chuckling at it, but now he's probably one of our most consistent players. I rate him.
    Never thought I would hear that! Glad for Hewitt, not his fault he was played where he was. Clough is doing a good job - I like him.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789