+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Garden Birdwatch

Big Garden Birdwatch

Anybody on taking part this year,all you have to do is make a note of the birds that visit your garden between the 28-30th Jan,it's important to see how the local bird population is coping with living with mankind,I bet that you Cumbrians have some great species come to visit your gardens,far more interesting than the usual Magpies and sparras that visit me

Sorry, my garden is on the small size.

You can attract birds to your garden no matter how small it is cayambe,have you tried leaving out leftover food or you can buy bird balls from the pound shop if you've got somewhere to hang them

I have seen the Ads on Telly & understand why the RSPB do this in all honesty.. hope a lot of people sign up for them on a serious note...

As for me at Casa BDB, we have some Grouse & Pheasants in the grounds but I doubt they will be on your tick list Chalky

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdogblue View Post
    I have seen the Ads on Telly & understand why the RSPB do this in all honesty.. hope a lot of people sign up for them on a serious note...

we have some Grouse & Pheasants in the grounds
    When I looked in your back yard there was only some homing pigeons and ferrets 😄

You would have to ask our gardener to confirm that accusation 🤔

Apologies he’s cleaning the Cat & Kitten at moment though 😎

I've been encouraging birds into my garden by buying fat balls and putting food out for them,also I put food down on the ground in a bowl that would normally be thrown away,the count up starts this weekend,so far I've spotted...

Great tits

Blackbirds

A Robin

(You) Magpies!

Starlings

Crows

I got hugely excited to spot a Collared Dove but upon reference found it go be a dodgy looking woodpigeon,my neighbour reckons that he's seen a Kestrel in his garden but he's got to be better than everyone else so I'm doubting him

We get the lot. During the year we regularly see:

Great tits
    Blue tits
    Coal tits
    Long-tailed tits
    Greenfinches
    Goldfinches
    Hedge sparrows
    House sparrows
    Dunnocks
    Pigeons
    Collared doves
    Blackbirds
    Thrushes
    Yellowhammers
    jackdaws
    Greater spotted woodpeckers (ones there now)
    Linnets
    Redpolls
    Siskins
    Nuthatch
    Chaffinches
    Robins
    Wrens
    Starlings

Also:
    Sparrow hawk (once)
    Magpies (rare)
    Pheasant (twice)
    Redwing (once)
    Firecrest (a few times)
    Crows (a few times)

We put out mixed seed, Niger seed, peanuts and fat balls. It all gives the cat enormous pleasure.

FFS...

Where do you live in the middle of the countryside or summat,that's put mine to shame,I don't think that I've ever seen a woodpecker, yellowhammer or firecrest in my life ☹️

Do bats count even though they are mammals?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)