+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big Garden Birdwatch

Joined the RSPB today. Went for a walk and spied an egret and a robin.

Quote Originally Posted by cayambe View Post
    Joined the RSPB today. Went for a walk and spied an egret and a robin.
    That's a worthy organisation to join cayambe,there's about 4-5 egrets down by the Trent when I sit but it's impossible to to get close to them,as soon as you show any interest at all they just fly off to the opposite bank,there's a kingfisher down there as well but all you see is a blue flash and then it's gone,very fast birds

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdogblue View Post
    Do bats count even though they are mammals?
    No they are mammals not birds 🙄

We get bats too of a Summer evening. Chalky - it’s a small village and I have paddocks fore and side and a churchyard behind. I suppose the birds feel secure.

You very lucky Griff as it sounds iydilic,living in Nottingham is crap tbh

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    You very lucky Griff as it sounds iydilic,living in Nottingham is crap tbh
    Even Robin Hood was a Yorkshireman 🤣

I've got say that I'm extremely pleased on how well my feeding of birds is coming along,I've been putting out all scrap food and leftover meals and I've had loads of feathered visitors and can only presume that word of my treats has gone around the avian population,nothing rare but lots more birds are visiting with loads of magpies, crows and tits (Noooo!) to view through my binoculars

I've had a family of crows visit my garden every day at the same time for the past two weeks now,one comes down and sits on my wall while squaking out loud and four or five of them follow,since I started putting out scrap food at the same time everyday they seem to know when it's best to visit,chips followed by pasta are their favourites

Chips & Gravy?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdogblue View Post
    Chips & Gravy?
    Salt and vinegar at most,they aren't northern

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)