+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheltenham Town Post Match Thoughts

I must have been at a different match.

Right from the off our attitude and application was way above what we have been showing in recent games. The team today were not expecting to win they knew they had to earn it.

The football wasn't fluent but Wood and the midfield in particular were determination personified.

I can't remember Cheltenham having a shot.

Very encouraging and hopefully that is the end of the sloppy arrogant performances of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    we were hanging on.
    I must have blinked and missed that part. Which last gasp block did I miss? Save by Vickers from a testing effort? Which period of sustained pressure did I not see?

We weren't as good second half but far from hanging on. We saw the game out relatively comfortably. Big lad that came on was awkward to a degree but Vickers had bugger all to do.

I echo the the thought that sadlier is ill, as i believe he would be better placed in central midfield and replace wiles

warne has done his management role and given ladapo a chance to impress potential buyers which he didnt smith was knackered,
    ladapo should imo has had his chance now it time for grigg to starting, he cant score or gel with smith on bench or coming on for 15 mins.

we need to get a striker in now. or play ogbene in a central role

Good result against stubborn opponents.
    3 points to steady the ship.
    Well done lads.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    I must have been at a different match.

Right from the off our attitude and application was way above what we have been showing in recent games. The team today were not expecting to win they knew they had to earn it.

The football wasn't fluent but Wood and the midfield in particular were determination personified.

I can't remember Cheltenham having a shot.

Very encouraging and hopefully that is the end of the sloppy arrogant performances of late.
    I think you got that about right .

Quote Originally Posted by The Hillsborough Miller View Post
    I echo the the thought that sadlier is ill, as i believe he would be better placed in central midfield and replace wiles

warne has done his management role and given ladapo a chance to impress potential buyers which he didnt smith was knackered,
    ladapo should imo has had his chance now it time for grigg to starting, he cant score or gel with smith on bench or coming on for 15 mins.

we need to get a striker in now. or play ogbene in a central role

No way is Sadlier a midfield player. Lindsay is the one missing out. We are going to have harder games this season see what side we put out then. I agree we need a forward in hoping Ladapo goes.

First of all a win is a win.
    Ladapo imo didn’t put a great deal in I thought Grigg run more when he came on.
    Wood is just unbelievable we will not replace him imo.
    Miller is better than cheo a lot of the time.
    Smith took his goal well.

Good 3 points well don’t the management team.

Looking at the table, who wouldn't have accepted where we are before a ball was kicked. Then again everyone is a pretend manager who could do better.

I thought we were always going to win once we had scored. I was quite surprised the ref allowed the goal as he was abysmal all game, they should have been down to 9 men before half time. The ref bottled the second booking on their number 15 and 90% 9f the time their forward would have had a straight red for the challenge on Vickers. Also I couldn't see how Smith could have been offside.
    Overall I thought the team all did their bit. One comment I wish Chieo would run at them more, his final ball is poor but he'll pick up penalties.

Just like for the last 2 months or so the results better than the performance. I think we good off the ball by pressing and keeping our shape but we have been poor in possession with wasteful passing and not creating many chances I hope this is gonna improve has we get towards end of the season.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast