+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheltenham Town Post Match Thoughts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cheltenham Town Post Match Thoughts

Well it certainly looks like 4:30-5:00 on a Saturday has returned to being 'squeaky bum' time. Nothing worse than trying to follow the game on a Marie Celeste like match thread and BBC/Google updates when you see the opposition's shot count slowly increasing (it was 0 at half time) and our possession percentage slowly decreasing. Still, it's a 1-0 win on a day when a few other teams have found out what we should accept, there are no easy games even if the fans think there are.

Thoughts?

Scrappy and nervy, but a win. Hope we click soon.

Played well in patches. I’d like to have seen us run at the booked defender a bit more.
    Had sloppy spells.

I have no idea how Woody does what he does at his age.

Wiles played well.

Why doesn’t Ladapo run the channels?

We deserved the win but it wasn’t convincing.

If we don’t spend & go (if) up this side will not survive in the Championship.Good 3 points but we need to put these games to bed early.

3 points, happy days.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    If we don’t spend & go (if) up this side will not survive in the Championship.Good 3 points but we need to put these games to bed early.
    Come on you know we won't spend when we go up and barring a Paul Warne miracle we won't survive.

Don't expect anything else history just repeats itself.

Promotion from league 1 than relegation from the championship signing loans or freebies.

Think today was a case of never mind the performance feel the win if that makes sense thing that annoys me is Warney bangs on about his squad depth but doesn’t use it OK Miller started today but hasn’t played for about 5 weeks why couldn’t he put Lindsay in for wiles whose done nowt for weeks treatment of Sadler is shocking he always makes a difference when he plays although granted the system he plays isn’t ideal for Sads
    On the plus side he called it right playing Freddie who although didn’t have the best game at least put a shift in and was given a decent reception by the fans

Great result, we seemed to fade again second half which is a worrying trend. If we are so fit why do we invite so much pressure as teams come at us.

Cheltenham were absolutely rubbish and we just survived, that could be a good or a bad thing

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Played well in patches. I’d like to have seen us run at the booked defender a bit more.
    Had sloppy spells.

I have no idea how Woody does what he does at his age.

Wiles played well.

Why doesn’t Ladapo run the channels?

We deserved the win but it wasn’t convincing.
    Ladapo doesn’t run the channels because he can’t be arsed

Watching on iFollow I was not impressed. Glad we won but that team are 17th and we were hanging on. Great finish by Smith but he was lucky a foul wasn't given, we are not creating enough, at the moment you can't see this team coming back from behind and scoring 2 or 3 goals.
    Glad Ladapo was given a chance and the fans clapped him, however he was next to useless, even the commentators said when Wood ran the full length of the pitch in the 82nd minute to close them down "he is showing Freddie how it is done", he should have come off on 70 or 75 minute, he couldn't control a bag of sand today, wiles was the best of the 3 in the middle, chased everything and showed some class a number of times. I don't get Ogbene, he can beat a man but he fails to cross so many times for a wing back to have only 1 assist is not that good. We will have to start to play better than that because it will come to bite us sooner rather than later. As for anyone that doesnt think we need another striker, please watch our league games over the last month, Smith desperately needs some help. That loanee that they put on today the lad they just got from Spurs, looked very good caused us no end of trouble, so there are options out there. They said that sadlier is ill I hope that is the reason he wasn't involved and it isnt another player that has fallen out with PW or is on his way out, he has ability he can score and make goals, he isn't a wing back but he can add creativity to a team that seem to lack it at the moment.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast