+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Cheltenham Town Post Match Thoughts

Respectfully disagree good sir. Smith was running for the ball and Boyle grabbed his arm. Agreed there was a grapple and Smith did put an arm over Boyle and shove him away. But this was after Boyle had grabbed his arm, as he had done about four times already in the game. It's not the most clear of images but this still image shows the first contact. Immediately prior to this Smith was running towards the ball and Boyle was running towards Smith. The still image in my opinion depicts Boyle grabbing Smiths arm, it's not the clearest image as I say, but it echoes what I saw from the stand on the day.

I will happily accept that it could have gone either way and I am extremely happy the ref allowed the game to flow in our favour.

Name:  Smith.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  5.4 KB

That’s the thing now isn’t it, with football getting more and more sanitised we are looking for a foul when there's the smallest amount of contact

Yes and if he was called Smithavic or Smithelli and fell down after that first touch the defender could have been sent off.Smudge did not take the dive and carried on to score.Honesty always pays,well it did here.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    That’s the thing now isn’t it, with football getting more and more sanitised we are looking for a foul when there's the smallest amount of contact
    Are we?

Personally thought it was a foul ? Surprised it was not blown up, but equally foul on Rathbone was a clear yellow but ref absolutely bottled it !

Quote Originally Posted by DerekProsser(East Anglia) View Post
    Respectfully disagree good sir. Smith was running for the ball and Boyle grabbed his arm. Agreed there was a grapple and Smith did put an arm over Boyle and shove him away. But this was after Boyle had grabbed his arm, as he had done about four times already in the game. It's not the most clear of images but this still image shows the first contact. Immediately prior to this Smith was running towards the ball and Boyle was running towards Smith. The still image in my opinion depicts Boyle grabbing Smiths arm, it's not the clearest image as I say, but it echoes what I saw from the stand on the day.

I will happily accept that it could have gone either way and I am extremely happy the ref allowed the game to flow in our favour.

Sorry Derek. Photo doesn't show anything.
    I'm happy for you to think Boyle made the first foul though I'm happy ref didn't give it either way.
    As mentioned. For me it's a foul all day long (against Smith)

Quote Originally Posted by DerekProsser(East Anglia) View Post

I sit at other side of west so was behind it, I saw it that in the pic and it looked like Smithie had enough and decided to pull him out of way but any other ref definitely would be blowing up and it wouldn’t have been a free kick for us

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213