+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Summer transfer budget

Summer transfer budget

If we did stay up does anyone know how much we're able to spend under FFP?

It's been widely reported that we're able to spend about £200 million this window....if we only spent say £80 mill would the other £120 million carry over to the summer? I don't understand it

Just wondering how much Vlahovic, Botman, Ward-Prowse and Rice would cost us

Quote Originally Posted by Alberts__Lob View Post
    If we did stay up does anyone know how much we're able to spend under FFP?

It's been widely reported that we're able to spend about £200 million this window....if we only spent say £80 mill would the other £120 million carry over to the summer? I don't understand it

Just wondering how much Vlahovic, Botman, Ward-Prowse and Rice would cost us
    It's more like a billion.. FFP can't touch us for 3 years..would depend on who we get as a sponsor..

I'm not saying we will spend a billion but let's say we spent 400m over 3 years and in the 2nd year brought in a mega sponsor that would cover our losses.. FFP couldn't touch us.. thats where City have succeeded and Everton have failed

Aye, it's over half a billion if we actually wanted to.

The Swiss Ramble (footy finance blog-highly respectable) explained how it all worked-was basically to do with how little we'd spent for so long combined with the way deals are structured so that the cost is spread over the length of the contract.

Ooooooooooh. I wasn't aware that the FFP nonsense didn't kick in for 3 fucking years?

So WTF are we waiting for?

Quote Originally Posted by trinitoon View Post
    Ooooooooooh. I wasn't aware that the FFP nonsense didn't kick in for 3 fucking years?

So WTF are we waiting for?
    Clubs to accept bids.. we've only had one bid accepted and that was Trippier

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)