+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MB

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    He sees it as he sees it.

MT point about transfers is that we can afford to buy quality players we chose not to - that is not down to one single person but the collective of the board and Orta together with MB not being unhappy about it.

Listen to AKs pre season interviews and it was always going to be that way.

If you listen to what MB is saying about the younger players he doesn’t want to put too much pressure on them too early
    We "chose not to" buy quality players, despite being able to afford to do so. Read that back again, and tell me in what world it makes ANY kind of sense (if you're right of course, which I doubt)

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    We "chose not to" buy quality players, despite being able to afford to do so. Read that back again, and tell me in what world it makes ANY kind of sense (if you're right of course, which I doubt)
    Hmmmn I understand the club”s logic (which is different to whether I agree with it) which I read as follows:

Most promoted clubs get relegated straightaway or the season after

Thereafter they tend to stay uo

We invested a chunk of cash initially in season 1 to stay up - stay up we did

To improve the squad immediately again would take another larger investment and they didn’t want to get into that cycle with Radar at the helm and pending 49ers take over

They went a different route of investing in great young talent (and will continue to do so I suspect but

A bit like new malt whisky distilleries the first few years you have to wait for the first batch to mature but thereafter if you keep investing each year then you have the cycle set up and can reap the rewards each year

A bit like Brentford or some of the RB clubs or Rennes

We are also saving cash for ground and infra improvements and are doing so cautiously

If the 49ers are going to buy Radz out this summer he isn’t going to want to invest underwrite too much more and the 49ers may want to set their own independent direction.

Given the year to year contracts of Bielsa and the doubts (nothing firm it happens a each year) whether he will be here next year do you want to invest in more expensive mature players if another manager is to come in.

They are all convinced we will do enough with the current squad to stay up and are probably right.

That is why the money is not being spent.

We have at least 100m headroom under FFP and have salary room too given the money we get from the PL coupled with the fact it is not all accounted for in year one.

As such, that is why I think we have money if we want to spend but won’t

Hmmmn I understand the club”s logic (which is different to whether I agree with it) which I read as follows:

Most promoted clubs get relegated straightaway or the season after

Thereafter they tend to stay uo

We invested a chunk of cash initially in season 1 to stay up - stay up we did

To improve the squad immediately again would take another larger investment and they didn’t want to get into that cycle with Radar at the helm and pending 49ers take over

They went a different route of investing in great young talent (and will continue to do so I suspect but

A bit like new malt whisky distilleries the first few years you have to wait for the first batch to mature but thereafter if you keep investing each year then you have the cycle set up and can reap the rewards each year

A bit like Brentford or some of the RB clubs or Rennes

We are also saving cash for ground and infra improvements and are doing so cautiously

If the 49ers are going to buy Radz out this summer he isn’t going to want to invest underwrite too much more and the 49ers may want to set their own independent direction.

Given the year to year contracts of Bielsa and the doubts (nothing firm it happens a each year) whether he will be here next year do you want to invest in more expensive mature players if another manager is to come in.

They are all convinced we will do enough with the current squad to stay up and are probably right.

That is why the money is not being spent.

We have at least 100m headroom under FFP and have salary room too given the money we get from the PL coupled with the fact it is not all accounted for in year one.

As such, that is why I think we have money if we want to spend but won’t
    The idea behind all this is good but circumstances change. In last year's form, you would say the club is doing the right thing.
    But when my team starts like we did and were facing and maybe still facing relegation what would the point be in doing all the above if we get relegated?

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    The idea behind all this is good but circumstances change. In last year's form, you would say the club is doing the right thing.
    But when my team starts like we did and were facing and maybe still facing relegation what would the point be in doing all the above if we get relegated?
    Assuming spending money would keep us up then you are correct - but I think they are probably content we will not go down no matter how squeaky it gets

Assuming spending money would keep us up then you are correct - but I think they are probably content we will not go down no matter how squeaky it gets
    Correct again but before our 2 wins, I don't think they were fancying staying up. Could still go pear shape and if that happens would you have called that the right thing? Hindsight is a great thing but prevention is even greater.

No one is asking them to invest silly money, think of Ridsdale, we don't want that, just that our chief scout, namely orta, can stop going round the world like phileas fogg and maybe look closer to home, where visas and work permits are not an issue, and find a bang average goalscorer amongst the endless British clubs that could give us an average reply in goals, after all, that is his job.

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    No one is asking them to invest silly money, think of Ridsdale, we don't want that, just that our chief scout, namely orta, can stop going round the world like phileas fogg and maybe look closer to home, where visas and work permits are not an issue, and find a bang average goalscorer amongst the endless British clubs that could give us an average reply in goals, after all, that is his job.
    It won’t be solely down to Orta and he will put a range of options forward for others to approve

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post

Joe Gelhardt cost Leeds United an initial fee of £1m but the total deal will rise to £2.5m with add-on's for Wigan & he came from over the Pennines Orta & Angus will be pleased to tell you.
    [Joffy's built like my rescued reconditioned 'Parker-Ray Cumberland' wood-burner NW]

Rad's & co Spare £99m sofa cash for the record - never know might get coughed up on deadline day.

Well get Mr bielsa to bloody well play him then

I love Bielsa I really do but even a blind man can see Roberts should be no where near the starting 11 and I would also go as far to say he shouldn't even be on the bench - putting on Roberts ahead of Joffy against the barcodes was just plain madness!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)