+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MB

MB

I know its past half 2
    I know I’ve been drinking my sorrows away after a defeat.
    I know I might embarrass Belfast A.( don’t give a fk about that)
    But there is an elephant in the room.
    Has MB improved the team or has he only made it fitter.
    And when that fitness doesn’t play off, what do we have?
    Tactics? Dunno.
    Playing positions. No.
    Substitution decisions. Def no.
    I love the man as a person and I think we’ll survive only just.
    But there are too many buts.
    I really want to be wrong .
    This is not a drunken rant but a cry for help.

Not much to say to me he has no idea to others he is a god.
    The fact at his age he has won stuff all should be a sign in itself.

This squad was mid-table in the Championship.

We are currently what 7 points with a game in hand above relegation zone after spending most of season with at least 7 first team players out injured, having to play with kids at times.

Yesterday if we have Bamford on the pitch we win.

On the 'he has won nothing' nonsense, that is because he takes on teams like us and tries to develop them. If he wanted I am sure he could leave us tomorrow and be offered a big job with a team with a stack of talent and he'd win a few cups and probably the league over a few years.

Whilst I appreciate the idea he might be faltering a bit, I can't listen to it whilst we are doing ok in a tough league without most of our first team at various stages. My only big criticism is that I think he stops us from making signings because he perceives players values to be too high and he doesn't get with the times and realise that is what it takes these days, if he is unwilling to budge on that then harsh as it is he'd have to go cos this team even with them all fit isn't much better than 8th.

Love him but he leaves us all bewildered at times, I haven't felt this low or angry since "that" Wigan game, (that Derby one was on a completely different level), before yesterday I reckoned we needed 6 more wins to be safe, that would take us to 40 points, yesterday was a win, now I don't see where the next win will come from, the wins we've had have been so slender, my confidence in this lot has gone, I don't know any other team that flatters to deceive and who let's its fans down so much and on such a regular basis.

we are 4 points off the top half of the table, 7 points off the bottom 3, ok, not as good as last season, but staying up for me is good enough this year, keep building slowly, next season, the kids will be 1 year older too, seems to me thats where we are investing, so we have to trust in the plan.
    Its ok for WTF to play fantasy football, but we must understand, the game has moved on incredibly fast, we shop at ASDA, whilst its not poundland, its not marks&sparks either. Buying players in the 20-30M bracket is a gamble, sometimes it pays off, sometimes you get lemons. Reality is required. top 6 players cost 50-100M.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    I know its past half 2
    I know I’ve been drinking my sorrows away after a defeat.
    I know I might embarrass Belfast A.( don’t give a fk about that)
    But there is an elephant in the room.
    Has MB improved the team or has he only made it fitter.
    And when that fitness doesn’t play off, what do we have?
    Tactics? Dunno.
    Playing positions. No.
    Substitution decisions. Def no.
    I love the man as a person and I think we’ll survive only just.
    But there are too many buts.
    I really want to be wrong .
    This is not a drunken rant but a cry for help.
    Embarrass me? WTF? Not WTF WTF on here.

MB can't make silk purse....
    Club need to back him, but I can't actually be sure if he is seeking backing. Kinda feel he wants to do it on his own terms in his own stubborn way - without doing like most others (bringing in established players). It's business. Trying to do it on the cheap.

Have to say, I am not enjoying this season. Gonna say I felt better fighting for promotion at top of Championship rather than scrambling at lower half of PL hoping to survive. However, I do not want to be in Championship. Just saying I felt better than I do at the minute - particularly this morning. Think how Billy feels. He's snapping out of a drunken coma realising he posted a thread.

Think he is far and away the best manager we have had since Wilkinson and improves players dramatically.

Look at what he does - KP now in the top defensive mid in UK, Bamford (when fit) has been transformed into an England pitch.

We are three players light without the injuries let alone with in the positions we have all agreed. The kids will be great in time but we need better quality than we have now and the club has decided to wait till next year.

Exceptional as Dan James was last week he isn’t a classic striker and this game the chances fell elsewhere.

We were much better than them but couldn’t score. Their goal was a rare error from Meslier in the way he set up the wall leaving him unsighted.

Not only that but we don’t dive, cheat or moan - lot to like about him.

Some of his selections are sometimes perplexing but he will have his reasons. He also can’t control form.

Delete

and PS. We are not 'definitely gonna beat' anyone. Can any team (in same league) make such a claim about any opposition? Boils my pi55 to read such predictions. Even though I predicated 3 - 0, I honestly knew we would be beaten - particularly after I stuck money on them. Never again. Wasn't a lot. Don't bet. But just feckd off with outcome (and Roberts). How many times does he do that? He's a worker, but 5hite one. I'd have him on monthly reports with a view to dismissal due to very unsatisfactory performance(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Delete
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👍

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)