+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheaterfield Strengthen Their Squad

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    You certainly don't need the #radar to spot Denton. He's more old school in every way. Although I'm all for some much needed experience in any squad, I'd be unimpressed with that signing. Can't see it ever happening.
    Denton is garbage. He has been vilified on here in the past for being a slow lump.
    He would genuinely make us a much much worse side.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Denton is garbage. He has been vilified on here in the past for being a slow lump.
    He would genuinely make us a much much worse side.
    Hopefully the days are gone when we need to even contemplate thinking about signing such a player ! I get a shiver down my spine at the thought of it !
    If those days ever return then the club has taken a massive step backwards in the way the club is run its philosophy.

They still seem to have some hope of signing Cal Roberts. Hopefully pissing in the wind.

As for Denton, he should get himself to Skeggy Beach where he’d be of far more use.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    They still seem to have some hope of signing Cal Roberts. Hopefully pissing in the wind.

As for Denton, he should get himself to Skeggy Beach where he’d be of far more use.
    Apparently they played Asante in the number10 role and played woefully & was out of position (their own fans )
    That being the case I think they will be on the look out for a number 10.
    I think Cal could comfortably excel in that position but I suppose if Cal was looking to move would he be looking for an out and out wingers role or be comfortable at a new club trying to adapt to an out and out number 10 ?
    In any case if he was looking to move on a I think there would be bigger and better clubs where he could ply his trade

Chesterfield fans hopes of signing Cal Roberts seem to almost entirely be based on the fact Kevin Davies (who played there 3 decades ago) is his agent. If that is a factor then i'd be much more worried about Cal being touted to Bolton, Blackburn or Preston. He might actually see those clubs as a step-up.

Also I think they just underestimate our ownershop position. They might have had a couple of windfalls recently, but they're a fan-owned club with limited resources. We're owned by wealthy men who don't want to sell assets unless the price is right, especially to rival clubs. However, the fact we're going under the radar like this (when clubs like Wrexham and Stockport are flashing the cash and making noise) is a really good thing. Hopefully when we can start playing regular games again we can use this stealth to climb further up the table.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    Chesterfield fans hopes of signing Cal Roberts seem to almost entirely be based on the fact Kevin Davies (who played there 3 decades ago) is his agent. If that is a factor then i'd be much more worried about Cal being touted to Bolton, Blackburn or Preston. He might actually see those clubs as a step-up.

Also I think they just underestimate our ownershop position. They might have had a couple of windfalls recently, but they're a fan-owned club with limited resources. We're owned by wealthy men who don't want to sell assets unless the price is right, especially to rival clubs. However, the fact we're going under the radar like this (when clubs like Wrexham and Stockport are flashing the cash and making noise) is a really good thing. Hopefully when we can start playing regular games again we can use this stealth to climb further up the table.
    Just seen a (serious!) comment from a Chesterfield fan discussing the rumoured £350k move to Peterborough that the true value of Tshimanga is '£2 million minimum'.

Not a chance! I'd say if they get £500k and a good sell on agreement they're doing extremely good business. He's only 'proven' in the 5th tier for starters.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 24-01-2022 at 01:47 PM.

Rowe suspended pending an enquiry into his behaviour apparently!

Quote Originally Posted by Rez1862 View Post
    Rowe suspended pending an enquiry into his behaviour apparently!
    Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12