+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How many relegations on your CV?

How many relegations on your CV?

Since my grandad took me on the Turf for my first match in 1958 I've witnessed 8 relegations, this will be my 9th.

What's your score? Alfie, Sinkov and Supersub6 are in my club - how about you?

Same club, didn't start til '63, my dad took me, so first relegation in 70/71

My 1st season was 1972–73 when we were Second Division Champions. 7 relegations since then?

Same for me BT. First match August 1952 and spent the next 20 years in the first division before relegation. Since then it has been all ups and downs.
    Can't complain really with 30 Years at Level 1, 22 at Level 2, 11 at Level 3 and just 7 at Level 4 ---which will never be forgotten!

Same as you BT ,I've been going down turf since 1957 when I was 6 with my dad .

Same as you BT, my dad took me on my first game aged 8 (1954). Enjoyed the glory years, will they ever come back, I hope so.

i'd be much the same time as as Kriti....

....always wondered who that kid swigging ale and smoking fag was.

How you lads can remember those dark days of old ? I sometimes can not remember what I had for dinner yesterday and the day before, goodness knows ? All I can remember, the first game of a F A Cup match was against Chelsea and we drew 4 times ,with Chelsea, winning the 5th match, that must have been around 54 - 57. ( I was too much into Mecca dancing ,possible catching young women before BT could catch them? ) Later driving to pubs Whalley, Blackburn Burnley and that area. ( Burnley was said to be a 'rough' area, so Blackburn and Wilpshire, Whalley.

One of the ideas that I had was to cut out the drinking culture, why do lads visit the pubs (example: the Barbary coast in Blackburn, then much later visit the Mecca? The nicest girls have ,or maybe have been 'picked up'?? Plus to choose a young lady after a few drinks? Where is your self confidence ? I told the lads, ''I want an orange drink'', So which mate was buying would have to say? 2 pints of bitter,2 pints of 'mild', and an orange drink, please''! Then after why sit drinking? When dozens of girls are dying to meet you ??? One hour just sitting talking in a pub drinking, its crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

i'd be much the same time as as Kriti....

....always wondered who that kid swigging ale and smoking fag was.

Not me norder, I didn't start smoking til I was 17 though swigging ale, that was a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Not me norder, I didn't start smoking til I was 17 though swigging ale, that was a possibility.
    not sure, but thinking then....you maybe didn't get to sample the delights of a 5 pack of Players No6 ?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)