+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 18 day break....

18 day break....

This is sheer madness, how can this happen. It really annoys me when I hear players saying they are tired and blaming fixture congestion! Nearly 3 weeks...surely we can get a game with Burnley or leeds. I have never know such a fragmented season as this one, stop start, stop start, crazy. I fear next season will be even worse with a winter World Cup which is another crazy decision and another topic.hopefully we can get Bailey fit in this time and another new signing in and bolster our squad. At least the players should come back refreshed, fit and ready for the run in. I'm guessing some will have nice tans....

It does feel like a very disjointed season given the Covid stuff too, might work well for us as a mini pre season and come out of the blocks against Leeds. A great chance for SG to look at what we have including the young talent and plan for a summer of no international tournament disruption. Next season will be a big one for us I feel

Won't be as long as Newcastle's next season. 44 games 😂

Not so sure, they are only 3pts off safety!!

this proves beyond any doubt that the congestion the clubs were complaining about over christmas was unnecessary and just about the money.

No reason why our home match v Burnley cannot be played next week, we are both out the Cup....🤔

Another 2 weeks to go!🥺

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)