+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: legal action against derby

These claims are highly speculative - they involve asking a court to predict what the outcomes of two seasons would have been for Middlesborough and Wycombe but for Derby's cheating. How is a court going to do that?

I would be very surprised if Middlesborough succeed. The loss that they must be alleging is a failure to get into the playoffs. In other words, to achieve a significant victory they will have to persuade a court that Derby's cheating meant that they failed to get into and WIN the playoffs. Wycombe's case is easier, but I would still be surprised if a court were to engage in what would amount to a retrospective prediction league. And how would a court quantify Wycombe's loss?

I suspect that the real game here is that the two clubs are looking for Derby to settle the case on the basis of nuisance damages. In other words, Derby paying out a nominal (and no doubt undisclosed) amount to make the case go away and allow the club to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    And how would a court quantify Wycombe's loss?
    As a minimum couldn't they argue that they're entitled to the difference in TV revenue for at least the following season?

Last I looked I feel Championship was around £7-8m whereas league one around £1.5m.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I saw a piece on Twitter where Gary Neville was babbling on about the football community coming together to save Derby. He said in it that both Wycombe and Middlesbrough should drop their claims for the good of the game.
    Provocative piece.
    Did he do similar re Bury and Macclesfield ? If so then fair enough. If not then ...............

An open letter from Steve Gibson which was sent to the Joint Administrators of Derby County FC today

https://t.co/fZJnwib72N

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    An open letter from Steve Gibson which was sent to the Joint Administrators of Derby County FC today

https://t.co/fZJnwib72N
    😆

I like number 3

"Please tell us you've paid your tax bill and aren't shafting every tax payer in the UK"

( rough translation)

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    These claims are highly speculative - they involve asking a court to predict what the outcomes of two seasons would have been for Middlesborough and Wycombe but for Derby's cheating. How is a court going to do that?

I would be very surprised if Middlesborough succeed. The loss that they must be alleging is a failure to get into the playoffs. In other words, to achieve a significant victory they will have to persuade a court that Derby's cheating meant that they failed to get into and WIN the playoffs. Wycombe's case is easier, but I would still be surprised if a court were to engage in what would amount to a retrospective prediction league. And how would a court quantify Wycombe's loss?

I suspect that the real game here is that the two clubs are looking for Derby to settle the case on the basis of nuisance damages. In other words, Derby paying out a nominal (and no doubt undisclosed) amount to make the case go away and allow the club to move on.
    Wycombe’ loss is £4.7 Million pounds for not being in the Championship. Is that quantifiable enough for anyone to understand?

Most of those questions have nothing to do with MFC though.
    Whilst he's trying to ascertain DCFC,s ability to pay he is also trying to wash their dirty linen in public

There's no way that Derby will be allowed to go out of business. All this stuff is just peripheral noise but miraculously they'll be saved before 1st February deadline.
    They don't deserve to be saved but they will be which will just go to show that cheats do prosper 😕

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Most of those questions have nothing to do with MFC though.
    Whilst he's trying to ascertain DCFC,s ability to pay he is also trying to wash their dirty linen in public
    It’s not as though we don’t know what he’s saying. This information has been around for a long time now.

How many teams are playing under a different name now than when they formed because of financial difficulties?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast