+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: legal action against derby

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    As a minimum couldn't they argue that they're entitled to the difference in TV revenue for at least the following season?

Last I looked I feel Championship was around £7-8m whereas league one around £1.5m.
    In the event that Wycombe could establish liability that would inevitably feature in their attempts to establish a loss, but it's really not as simple as that. Clubs in higher leagues have higher costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Wycombe’ loss is £4.7 Million pounds for not being in the Championship. Is that quantifiable enough for anyone to understand?
    I understand that you have given a figure. What I doubt is your or Wycombe's ability to prove it, which is what they would have to do in court.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    There's no way that Derby will be allowed to go out of business. All this stuff is just peripheral noise but miraculously they'll be saved before 1st February deadline.
    They don't deserve to be saved but they will be which will just go to show that cheats do prosper 😕
    On an academic level they may not deserve to be saved, but think it through.

Who suffers?

The people who ran the club into the financial ground will walk away from the ruins (subject to any personal guarantees that they gave for the various debts).

The supporters will suffer. They are not responsible for the way that the club was run (save that they probably argued for the club to 'speculate to accumulate', 'get the cheque book out', 'sign another striker's and pay players to 'train with the kids').

You could argue that Rotherham deserved to go out of business several times in the last few decades when various owners ran up unmanageable debts.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    On an academic level they may not deserve to be saved, but think it through.

Who suffers?

The people who ran the club into the financial ground will walk away from the ruins (subject to any personal guarantees that they gave for the various debts).

The supporters will suffer. They are not responsible for the way that the club was run (save that they probably argued for the club to 'speculate to accumulate', 'get the cheque book out', 'sign another striker's and pay players to 'train with the kids').

You could argue that Rotherham deserved to go out of business several times in the last few decades when various owners ran up unmanageable debts.
    "Who suffers" is absolutely irrelevant in law.
    Employees suffered when the likes of BHS and the Arcadia Group went out of business because of the crass actions of the owners or those in charge.
    Derby have knowingly overspent and not paid the taxman what they owe. You try doing that and see what happens.
    It's not about who suffers or what could have happened to Rotherham, it's about a club cheating and breaking a number of rules to the detriment of others.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I understand that you have given a figure. What I doubt is your or Wycombe's ability to prove it, which is what they would have to do in court.
    🤣🤣 …. How you’ve come up with that answer creases me. 🤣 Just track down what we lost for being relegated last season, there’s a clue for you.

I'll be glad when it's all over. Just did a count and in the last 12-18 months we have had over 50 threads on here about Derby County. You'd think we were obsessed with them

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I'll be glad when it's all over. Just did a count and in the last 12-18 months we have had over 50 threads on here about Derby County. You'd think we were obsessed with them
    Both Sheep and pigs do seem attract attention on this forum

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Both Sheep and pigs do seem attract attention on this forum
    ........we're all animal lovers.....................c'mon Millwall

I’m very surprised Silly Millers not been back on with all this Derby crap on. Blame ELK he started the bloody thing.

Could we not merge them all into one Derby thread?

other than the pre and post match threads of course

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast