+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: legal action against derby

legal action against derby

How come Rotherham haven't taken legal action against Derby like Boro and Wycombe have? It looks like Wycombe are likely to get a decent payout from any new Derby owners, anyone have any insight here?

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    How come Rotherham haven't taken legal action against Derby like Boro and Wycombe have? It looks like Wycombe are likely to get a decent payout from any new Derby owners, anyone have any insight here?
    Because we weren't the team cheated out of a place in the championship unlike Wycombe.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    Because we weren’t directly impacted by their cheating ! If we had finished fourth bottom of the Championship instead of Wycombe ! We would probably have been making a claim ?

And it costs a lot of money to do so

Was our own fault we went down so can’t blame Derby but Wycombe most definitely can and Agree with Grist

I saw a piece on Twitter where Gary Neville was babbling on about the football community coming together to save Derby. He said in it that both Wycombe and Middlesbrough should drop their claims for the good of the game.
    Provocative piece.

Gary Neville always talks s hite wonder if it’s cos he’s big mates with Shrek

I suppose the outtake question is….if we had been in Wycombe”s position would we have pursued a claim..?…bearing in mind it’s only a claim for loss of potential income..which would be costly,complicated and drawn out.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I saw a piece on Twitter where Gary Neville was babbling on about the football community coming together to save Derby. He said in it that both Wycombe and Middlesbrough should drop their claims for the good of the game.
    Provocative piece.
    Wonder if he”d be of same opinion if Salford got relegated or missed out in play offs or promotion if league two teams had exploited the rules…

Virtually All of the news reports that I've read over the last few months have always stated that there is a sword hanging over any sale.
    This is due to the ongoing claim from Wycombe and Boro which appears to be a serious stumbling block.

The problem is that the outcome and therefore money involved is unknown so they won't know what their liability is.

In a way I'm pleased because it might just deter other clubs in the sense that they could be punished for their misdemeanours for years into the future

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast