+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: No penalty again

No penalty again

Former FIFA official furious with 'incompetence' amid controversy in Leeds United loss v Newcastle

Ex-Premier League referee Keith Hackett cannot believe how Newcastle United were not awarded a penalty against Leeds United on Saturday.
    Will Newcastle be complaining to the governing body about this
    If you haven’t seen it have a look I see it was not showen on the sky match rerun I wonder why

Lost count of the clear penalties we have been denied this season.

We're going to have to do it the hard way unfortunately. It will be even more satisfying if we do manage to stay up though knowing everything has been against us. Surprised they didn't find a way to rule out Shelvey's goal.

Quote Originally Posted by MidsMagpie View Post
    Lost count of the clear penalties we have been denied this season.
    Me too....when Ederson took out Frazer at St.James'.......i think that was one of the most outrageous/ridiculous decisions i've seen

I remarked on this on another thread.Definite vendetta against us.At the least the referee should have been instructed to go to the monitor & review.They should very much complain if only to rack them all up.Absolute disgrace & shows the PL up to what they are !

I've not heard a single person say it shouldn't have been a penalty.

Even all the pundits on commentary said it should be.

Disgraceful decision. . . yet again.

It actually does make you wonder about an agenda against us.

And I mean genuinely wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    It actually does make you wonder about an agenda against us.

And I mean genuinely wonder.
    I don't wonder - I think there is.

Oh there will be nothing written down but conversations in ears and questions to make people think.

Simple solution to all of this:

- VAR officials at the ground (like rugby)
    - On-field ref & VAR officials conversation available live for crowd & TV (like rugby)
    - On-field ref & VAR officials to give interview at end of match
    - Get rid of ‘clear & obvious mistake’ and replace with ‘achieve correct & transparent decision’

Obviously bügger all will happen though.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)