+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should we sell Tarkowski?

Balan.

I hope you sentiments come true. I would rather refer to Burnley supporter's as Beni-Drinkers, after all this is a drink made by monks.

Being in Burnley, that for me must have been 50 years ago ? Even then could they have been massive pie eaters. Mothers finishing work at the spinning mills, there must have been a pie shop on the way home? ( A fish and chip shop too, life does need a change, now and again). If Burnley are successful (?) and if there are any monks reasonably near, they will all be replaced by Mormons? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    Being in Burnley, that for me must have been 50 years ago ? Even then could they have been massive pie eaters. Mothers finishing work at the spinning mills, there must have been a pie shop on the way home? ( A fish and chip shop too, life does need a change, now and again). If Burnley are successful (?) and if there are any monks reasonably near, they will all be replaced by Mormons? :-)
    If we manage to escape relegation this season, I will gladly go to the Church of Latter Day Saints and say a prayer of thanks. even though I am not a Mormon, possibly followed by a visit to Burnley Miners Club for a Beni and hot.

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    We put up a good display yesterday and got a positive result,better than most of you were predicting.Then I switch on my computer today and all I see is gloom and negativity.We have a very good player at the club,Collins,who doesn't get a chance unless Mee or Tarks are out,put Tarks in midfield and play Collins.Roberts,as we saw yesterday is a good player.The draw yesterday will have lifted our spirits,Cornet will be back and our next game is home against Watford.Get a grip and back the boys.COYC.
    Adrift at the bottom of the league, one win all season, if we beat Watford we still have two other clubs to get above, Norwich on a roll, Newcastle with money coming out of their ears, star striker sold to our relegation rivals, owners potless, no money for better players, and can't even meet their obligations to Garlick and John B.

I think I've got a grip of the situation right enough Barrie.

Take note : We are a different team now with ambition ,fire , determination, tsunami culture.

( PS , What the fairies of Ashington woods are saying, no you will not believe even if I tell you if I tell you.)

Vintage: I do not believe in prayer, it's not necessary. You see all is known to the ''Consciousness upstairs'. Everything, nothing can be hidden. What is the difference between Mind and Soul? Mind is the doer, and Soul is the Witnessing entity. It can only witness. What ever the mind thinks etc, all is witnessed by your Soul ,and all what your Soul witnesses that 'Consciousness upstairs' witnesses it too.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Adrift at the bottom of the league, one win all season, if we beat Watford we still have two other clubs to get above, Norwich on a roll, Newcastle with money coming out of their ears, star striker sold to our relegation rivals, owners potless, no money for better players, and can't even meet their obligations to Garlick and John B.

I think I've got a grip of the situation right enough Barrie.
    Exactly Sinkov.A few people being optimistic after the surprise point at Arsenal.The only reason we seem to do well against some of the big clubs is for two reasons.We set up not to lose and if the opposition are firing blanks like Chelsea and Arsenal we can scrape a point.However when we set up to try and win a game against the clubs around us we simply get picked off on the counter because we are too slow and weak in midfield and the defense is then exposed and we inevitably concede.Once we go behind our problems are compounded by all our strikers except Cornet firing blanks.We are doomed-there is no way we can dig ourselves out of this hole without a creative midfielder and a good striker to partner Cornet.We are also potless so any additions will be Poundland standard as usual so it is goodbye PL.

Pretty accurate description that CIB

My only addition to yours would be a wide man to deliver ball and go at people so Mcneil doesn’t get marked out of games.

So yes to the creative midfielder - yes to a mobile centre forward , but the addition of the above would be gratefully received as well.

If the board don’t back Dyche I won’t be renewing my ST next year , they are simply playing at owning a football club.

Hmmm A few half empty glasses on the Bar then

What if we manage to get a midfielder who’s creative ? Still 7 days to go yet .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)