+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we sell Tarkowski?

Should we sell Tarkowski?

I'm going to say "Yes"!

£20 million and he's gone!

Attachment 20845

If Newcastle wants to pay us £20M as rumours suggest it would be good business sense to take that offer, since Tarkowski as indicated he will not sign a new contract so will walk away for free in the summer.

Collins does appear to be a ready made replacement, however we need to conclude any deal quickly to allow reinvestment into our 1st team squad. Bearing in mind with the speed of our recruitment team it is unlikely to be in this transfer window.

If he's going to help us stay up and concentrate on his football ,I'd definitely say no..Its worth losing 20 million to stay up.

You tell me what will happen to the money we'll get for him, will it go on incoming player signings, or paying off ALK's debts, then I'll tell you whether we should sell him.

Football is a business in the end. If Tarkowski has no intention of staying I would sell and realise the asset. Collins is more than able to come in. My priority would be a creative midfielder with technical ability. We simply don’t have that in the squad.

I agree Swissclaret but we would have to have new faces in place, Collins would step up but we also need a striker and Kevin Long to keep fit in case of any injuries, I was impressed by today’s performance and with an attacking creative midfielder I can see us surviving just.

Tarka was immense today,back to his best,we can afford to lose him playing like that,yes he might get injured but that's a risk we have to take.If we don't buy anybody we need as strong a squad as possible to stay up.

That is the question

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    You tell me what will happen to the money we'll get for him, will it go on incoming player signings, or paying off ALK's debts, then I'll tell you whether we should sell him.
    Yes Sinkov,that is the question. Our future football status gambled against £20 million maybe for Tarks. With the games we have to play in quick succession and the size of our squad I say a know quantity is better than the unknown and placing your trust in a recruitment team looking at Carrol as a striker and Basham the defender for goodness sake; it makes you weep!! Our owners by and large are always men of straw or little vision.
    Last edited by Deadlydave; 23-01-2022 at 10:26 PM.

just a minute - Wooden man went for 25 mil, so if Nutfartle want him, Tark has to be worth more ?

saying that, we could sell him and not get the signings...money sat there (seems they need it) and nothing to show for it.

options:
    Stay, help us stay up
    sell, we may go down

Why do I care about the money? its 23rd of Jan that money even if best intentions to sign someone, Not enough time by the time he has gone.
    So as I would prefer to stay up, I say keep him.
    reality is we will never see the money so I couldn't give a ****e if he want for free in the summer..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)