+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grant McCann sacked by Hull

Hence McCann is probably sat at home with his feet up and happy to be told as soon as the new owners took over that he was out of a job and also now with a healthier bank balance.

IMO he will get a similar paid job pretty soon as seems like a decent manager.

Good luck to him.

Hull City can confirm we have parted company with head coach Grant McCann.

Grant joined the club in June 2019 and won 53 of his 136 matches in charge during a two-and-a-half-year spell at the MKM Stadium.

The 41-year-old guided the Tigers to promotion as League One champions last season – the club’s first league title in 55 years – and leaves the club in 19th place in the Championship.

Chairman and owner Acun Ilıcalı said: “Grant has done an excellent job for this football club in difficult circumstances, most specifically during the takeover process, and for that I offer my sincere thanks.

“These matters are never easy and are more often than not protracted. During the process, Grant has always remained professional and fully focused on the team, and will forever be a friend of the Tigers. I’m sure Grant will be successful in whatever his next challenge is.

“However, now is the time for change and for me to start to build, in what I believe will be an incredibly exciting time for the club. I have a philosophy and a belief that our project should start as we mean to carry on and that involves having my team in place. I understand the timing may look odd, after two good wins, but I wouldn’t be fair or honest if I merely waited for a defeat to change manager. That benefits nobody. I will continue to be transparent with you, our fans.

“Our new head coach will be announced very shortly.”

We can also confirm assistant head coach, Cliff Byrne, will leave the club with immediate effect.

We would like to thank Grant and Cliff for their commitment and dedication throughout their time at the club and wish them both well for the future.

Tha cuddant mek it up.

If he wins he goes, if he looizes he goes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12