+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pato not returning

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Maybe I'm putting two and two together and making five, but to me the club statement suggests that Burchnall doesn't have full confidence in Sam Slocombe. It will be interesting to see if the expected "strong addition" becomes first choice.
    We must have had the same maths teacher, then, because that’s what it sounds like to me. SS didn’t do himself any favours by making a few errors that led to goals when he did come back. We just can’t afford those mistakes if we want to go up.

Every Notts promotion has been built around a great keeper between the sticks. Sam’s good but not quite good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I know it’s not everything but one thing you can’t take away from Slocombe is his professionalism. One thing I noticed before the Wrexham game during the warm ups was Patto practicing coming for crosses and then asking Slocombe for advice. You could see there was a high level of respect from Patto towards Slocombe and that for me speaks volumes.
    Yep he's a top 'keeper at this level and should command the respect of the younger lads.

Sam Slocombe is definitely one of the better goalkeepers in this league, but he suffers in comparison to Patterson because the latter is ultimately destined to be one of the better goalkeepers in the Championship and even the Premier League, in my opinion. In terms of quality Patto has more than a passing similarity to a young Schmeichel when he was with us, bearing in mind Kasper was about three years older and had more game experience even then. I reckon Sunderland have got themselves a star of the future.

Maybe I'm putting two and two together and making five, but to me the club statement suggests that Burchnall doesn't have full confidence in Sam Slocombe.
    It read to me more like IB really believes in having competition for places. I finished reading that with the sense of "he wants a much stronger #2 than Brooks", not "he wants a new #1".

Maybe I'm putting two and two together and making five, but to me the club statement suggests that Burchnall doesn't have full confidence in Sam Slocombe. It will be interesting to see if the expected "strong addition" becomes first choice.
    I make it 4, think Burch does too

Quote Originally Posted by OchPie View Post
    It read to me more like IB really believes in having competition for places. I finished reading that with the sense of "he wants a much stronger #2 than Brooks", not "he wants a new #1".
    Maybe, but my opinion was based on a "strong addition" (their words) being recruited to not even get a place on the bench seeing as we don't usually have a sub keeper. We'll have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    We must have had the same maths teacher, then, because that’s what it sounds like to me. SS didn’t do himself any favours by making a few errors that led to goals when he did come back. We just can’t afford those mistakes if we want to go up.

Every Notts promotion has been built around a great keeper between the sticks. Sam’s good but not quite good enough.
    Yeah, Slocombe is decent but he’s always got a clanger in him, and he doesn’t command his box. We need better if we’re after top spot.

Obvious disappointing and ultimately bad news for Notts but in Burchnall we trust.

cometh the hour, cometh the sloth!

We all can see that Sam can't or won't command his area as Patterson did, why can't the goal keeping coach not see it and act on it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast