+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pato not returning

Pato not returning

Not returning on loan due to a heart complication with one of the other Sunderland keepers who I'm sure we all wish a speedy recovery and all the best.

Obviously a loss as Pato had shown to be a brilliant keeper but I do believe Slocombe is a good keeper for this level and we will still do just fine.

IB also says he's still looking at other options in the keeper department as wants to bring someone in to add competition and get Brooks out on loan for experiance.

Anthony Patterson’s planned return to Meadow Lane will not go ahead due to his fellow Sunderland goalkeeper, Lee Burge, undergoing medical tests following heart palpitations.

Burge, along with first-choice keeper Thorben Hoffman, tested positive for Covid-19 shortly after Patterson returned to Meadow Lane on a season-long loan, which had to be curtailed as a result.

Both clubs had planned for Patterson to resume his spell with us once the Black Cats’ goalkeeping department was back to full complement, however ongoing issues with Burge mean Patterson must remain at the Stadium of Light.

Our head coach Ian Burchnall said: “We completely respect Sunderland’s decision to keep Anthony with them and we wish Lee all the best.

“We still want to add more competition to the goalkeeping department and to get Tiernan Brooks out on loan to further his experience.

“There are some interesting options out there and we’re confident of making a strong addition in the near future.”

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...celled-240122/

It is what it is. I'm sure we all send our best wishes to the keeper that's not well.

Effects of Covid, apparently. Hope Burge gets fit soon.

Absolutely - the main thing here is to wish Lee Burge a full and speedy recovery. Pato has been superb for us and we’ll miss him but Sam Slocombe is more than adequate for this league, just not quite so good for our s*xy style of play. Look forward to Burch bringing in some more strong competition for Sam while Brooks gets some experience on loan lower in the pyramid.

Goes without saying we wish Burge a quick recovery. As much as I think Slocombe is a decent keeper Patto provided us another dimension to our play. When he's played it was like having 11 outfield players and Notts played a much higher line with him in goal which allowed us to press more and be quicker playing through the phases.

Sh!t news, about both Lee Burge and Patto.

Wonder who we’re in for instead?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Sh!t news, about both Lee Burge and Patto.

Wonder who we’re in for instead?
    Maybe I'm putting two and two together and making five, but to me the club statement suggests that Burchnall doesn't have full confidence in Sam Slocombe. It will be interesting to see if the expected "strong addition" becomes first choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Maybe I'm putting two and two together and making five, but to me the club statement suggests that Burchnall doesn't have full confidence in Sam Slocombe. It will be interesting to see if the expected "strong addition" becomes first choice.
    I have a feeling IB wants SS to play in a more Pato style but SS knows it isn't one of his strengths and isn't comfortable with it. Sam's a good 'keeper but not much of a contributor to outfield play in the way Pato could be.

I know it’s not everything but one thing you can’t take away from Slocombe is his professionalism. One thing I noticed before the Wrexham game during the warm ups was Patto practicing coming for crosses and then asking Slocombe for advice. You could see there was a high level of respect from Patto towards Slocombe and that for me speaks volumes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast