+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chuckle Park

Chuckle Park

I was surprised to learn that East Herringthorpe is a 'suburb' of Rotherham. Makes it sound quite posh.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-...shire-60114380

Well deserved but I think a better accolade would be to name one of the stands at NYS after them.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I was surprised to learn that East Herringthorpe is a 'suburb' of Rotherham. Makes it sound quite posh.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-...shire-60114380

Well deserved but I think a better accolade would be to name one of the stands at NYS after them.
    I agree, it is fitting that they should be associated with something that brings pleasure to loads of kids but how many of today's kids would know about them? Terrific idea to name one of the stands after them; wasn't Barry's funeral held at the ground? And all Rotherham fans would definitely know all about them.

****ing joke is council.
    Only doing this because of backlash they received when they wouldn’t name the square near boots? in the town after them.
    They’ve also received money to make east Herringthorpe presentable so I’m guessing they’ll be using that, killing two birds with one stone.

Tone appears to take his fashion colour coordination from them

That's Tone Stewart OBE

The dreaded walk we have to use behind the council offices, ought to be called -

<><><> Chuckle Way <><><>

Just a random thought, where is West Herringthorpe ?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Under ground

From what I can gather RMBC are doing sod all about it the idea was Sylvesters and is also being pushed by the Tiser
    A lot of people think their main local connection is with Maltby but they were brought up in East Herringthorpe

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    From what I can gather RMBC are doing sod all about it the idea was Sylvesters and is also being pushed by the Tiser
    A lot of people think their main local connection is with Maltby but they were brought up in East Herringthorpe
    Doesn’t surprise me

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I think it’s near west dene…

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast