+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chuckle Park

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I was surprised to learn that East Herringthorpe is a 'suburb' of Rotherham. Makes it sound quite posh.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-...shire-60114380

Well deserved but I think a better accolade would be to name one of the stands at NYS after them.
    Your having a laugh Cam !

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    From what I can gather RMBC are doing sod all about it the idea was Sylvesters and is also being pushed by the Tiser
    A lot of people think their main local connection is with Maltby but they were brought up in East Herringthorpe
    Nobody was brought up in East Herringthorpe ? they just had to survive to become an adult ?

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    Nobody was brought up in East Herringthorpe ? they just had to survive to become an adult ?
    Raises an interesting point, which was the toughest neighbourhood to grow up in Rotherham.

Eastdene
    East Herringthorpe
    Eastwood
    Bristol

As someone who grew up on Shaftesbury Square, I thought East Herringthorpe was quite posh

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post
    As someone who grew up on Shaftesbury Square, I thought East Herringthorpe was quite posh
    It was when they built the new bit in the 60's...............not so sure about it now though,...

To me the definition of posh was anyone who didn't have their front door repainted by the council every 4 years and wasn't visited by the rent collecting lady every week/fortnight (I shudder to think what would happen these days to someone walking the streets carrying that much ready cash).

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Raises an interesting point, which was the toughest neighbourhood to grow up in Rotherham.

Eastdene
    East Herringthorpe
    Eastwood
    Bristol
    Maltby, my dad rode shotgun on the milk float

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post
    Did you know any one with the surname Bettany?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Maltby, my dad rode shotgun on the milk float
    No joking my mate used to cadge a lift off milkman on his milk float at Manvers, to Mexborough
    off nights, when finishing at 6am.
    We used have him on that he didn't get home till 10am, when the milkman got to his street.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post

Eastdene
    East Herringthorpe
    Eastwood
    Bristol
    You're very much mistaken if you think I grew up in Bristol. I didn't even visit until I was well into my 20s.

I'm Rotherham born and raised, went to the rather fancy Clifton Comp. Only left Rotherham when I went to Uni.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast