+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: v County

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Without Tony Watt's direct play we don't win that match imo.That's why his goal to game ratio isn't too important.
    Spot on Stoke. Watt was outstanding in his forward play tonight. Also credit to Nicky Clark. I'm not his No.1 fan by a long way but credit where it's due. That's a massive 3pts tonight.

I think we might find that if we have players that can actually pick out their teammates in the box, instead of hurriedly firing balls from anywhere, to anywhere without looking, the player/players in the decent positions (when that happens) might actually score a few....

I changed my mind about McNulty last week, I have now changed it back. (but might change it yet again) Doubt it tho...

PS: Watt adds a lot to this team whether he scores a goal or not...(unlike most)

Great win!

IMO thats actually massive for us tonight. Broke this hoodoo of never winning or even coming back from a losing position for f uck knows how long, we got a penalty eventually and it was a huge, badly needed 3 points.

Still not a great performance overall though, Freeman at RB was our most attack minded player ffs.

McNulty should have scored, Butcher done well at CB and Watt is class

4 points aff 4th, europa meh puss aff

P.S Clark saved Tams bacon tonight

#yahoorsir

Tony Watt is absolutely class 🧡
    He is. He'll be the difference in us going up or down the table. Some of his deliveries tonight were unreal, then of course the wee dink into the box for the winner. I hope he sustains this to the seasons end. He's gonna be a big player for us.

We were however, so unbelievably devoid of ideas tonight. Badly, badly need someone to link the midfield and attack. Wee Jeando needs to be taken out of the team permanently. He's an imposter. Harkes is not the answer when the going gets tough and McNulty, fcuk me, I have no words for him. Freeman looked good again tonight. He's getting back to the form he was in before his wee dip. The rest, meh. Butcher motm. Wtf? 😂 Watt had that in his hipper by the end of the first half ffs.

Also, what were the crowd booing for at half time? We were very good in the first half. Fcuking ridiculous after a much improved performance.

All in, a massive relief tonight. We needed that so badly. We were a point off 10th place at 1-0 down. Now we're 8 clear. Need to kick on from this now. Just unfortunate we have the Mhinks next.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    I think we might find that if we have players that can actually pick out their teammates in the box, instead of hurriedly firing balls from anywhere, to anywhere without looking, the player/players in the decent positions (when that happens) might actually score a few....

I changed my mind about McNulty last week, I have now changed it back. (but might change it yet again) Doubt it tho...

PS: Watt adds a lot to this team whether he scores a goal or not...(unlike most)
    See your first paragraph absolutely spot on. It does my head in it really does. We looked rotten for so much of that match.

Regards McNulty any striker is going to score occasionally, you have to look at their missed chances and overall contribution and for me he's not what we need. He's had plenty time.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    He is. He'll be the difference in us going up or down the table. Some of his deliveries tonight were unreal, then of course the wee dink into the box for the winner. I hope he sustains this to the seasons end. He's gonna be a big player for us.

We were however, so unbelievably devoid of ideas tonight. Badly, badly need someone to link the midfield and attack. Wee Jeando needs to be taken out of the team permanently. He's an imposter. Harkes is not the answer when the going gets tough and McNulty, fcuk me, I have no words for him. Freeman looked good again tonight. He's getting back to the form he was in before his wee dip. The rest, meh. Butcher motm. Wtf? 😂 Watt had that in his hipper by the end of the first half ffs.

Also, what were the crowd booing for at half time? We were very good in the first half. Fcuking ridiculous after a much improved performance.

All in, a massive relief tonight. We needed that so badly. We were a point off 10th place at 1-0 down. Now we're 8 clear. Need to kick on from this now. Just unfortunate we have the Mhinks next.
    Agree with 99% of that but can't agree we were very good in the first half. Better than the first half v St Mirren yes but still rank. Some of our players looked surprised when they got the ball pinged at then from 2 yards away when a better pass was available in the other direction! We had no cohesion, no plan, no pattern. But the last 20 minutes we played like we all want to see 🧡

Massive win for us, hard fought and kept pushing to the end. Was a good game of football second half actually.

So pleased for Nicky Clark as he gets a hard time from us all frequently. Great pen and header. Watt and Freeman played very well but well done to them all for the three points and hard work .

Think it was the ref boos were aimed at not the players. & no fkn wonder. Another horrendous display by a ref

Agree with 99% of that but can't agree we were very good in the first half. Better than the first half v St Mirren yes but still rank. Some of our players looked surprised when they got the ball pinged at then from 2 yards away when a better pass was available in the other direction! We had no cohesion, no plan, no pattern. But the last 20 minutes we played like we all want to see 🧡
    Yeah fair enough, far improved as opposed to very good would've been a better term, which we were. We were on top almost the whole half. To boo the team off the park was ridiculous though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bannons boots View Post
    Think it was the ref boos were aimed at not the players. & no fkn wonder. Another horrendous display by a ref
    The whistle went and there was a mass of boos. The ref did get boo'd down the tunnel shortly after. Certainly seemed to me like it was directed at the players.

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)