+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: v County

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    No chance, would be utterly stupid short termism

Never gonna know if it would work out without sticking with it for at least a season or two, so hopefully the club will keep calm, recognise the obvious factors that have played a big role in the form (injuries, covid etc), recognise etas we already know that stability works best in Scotland, recognise the players won't want a change either, you'd see if they had downed tools, they all look like they want to be here and collectively get back on track, no easy games in the league this year, we are sitting in a fair enough position, still time to look upwards and enough games to see progress on last season
    Its nothing to do with the club keeping calm it all comes down to the man who run's our club Tony Asghar,as long as he remain's calm then the man he appointed has absolutely nothing to worry about.

We all know if Tam fails then it makes a total James Hunt of Tony so i think you can sleep easy for a month of Sundays mate.

Quote Originally Posted by ianharab View Post
    1 win in 11 , second lowest scorers is not acceptable , given its a difficult league this year , runs like this can't continue , all for giving managers time but it has to be the right manager , this was a gamble we didn't need to take . As for covid etc , every team has been in the same boat , he needs a win Wednesday or we are looking at a relegation battle
    I thought you were being a tad over dramatic there, but if we dont get the results out of 3 of the next 4 games, it all of a sudden becomes very tight amongst the bottom 3!

Mulgrew or Nielsen need to be in the back 4, Butcher or a head screwed on Fuchs needs to anchor the midfield with Levitt and Glass creating chances for whoever else is around them. Gives me the fear if we start with the same team as Saturday!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I thought you were being a tad over dramatic there, but if we dont get the results out of 3 of the next 4 games, it all of a sudden becomes very tight amongst the bottom 3!
    I've been gradually realising this over the last 2 or 3 days. I really think our season hinges on this game, thanks to our recent run of results. If we lose this game and the inevitable cuffing follows at the weekend that's another 6 points gone. Meanwhile the teams snapping at our ankles will pick up points to over take us and those already above will move further ahead. Livingston, St Mirren and County could all be above us in the next 2 or 3 games.

We MUST win this game.

The repercussions of losing to County & Fun are so severe that I don't think it will happen.

Where's the logic there I ask myself?

Probably a couple of sh!tey draws.

(Celtic in the middle is a free hit as long as it's not 6).

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    The repercussions of losing to County & Fun are so severe that I don't think it will happen.

Where's the logic there I ask myself?

Probably a couple of sh!tey draws.

(Celtic in the middle is a free hit as long as it's not 6).
    Repercussions for losing was kinda what I meant with my OP because no matter how bad the Fun are, and they are, 3 points in a Derby is never totally guaranteed. Lose to County and the pressure just cranks up.

The next 3 games (Mhinks excluded) will define our season. We'll know if we're in a relegation dogfight by the time full time comes at McDiarmid.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Its nothing to do with the club keeping calm it all comes down to the man who run's our club Tony Asghar,as long as he remain's calm then the man he appointed has absolutely nothing to worry about.

We all know if Tam fails then it makes a total James Hunt of Tony so i think you can sleep easy for a month of Sundays mate.
    Correct. Tam's safe for a while yet. The fact The Fun & The Saints are making such a c*nt of things help his cause of course.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    It was tough to leave Levitt out of my lineup but just felt for this game we need more steel in front of the back 4. If Fuchs isn't back at it I'd sub him for Levitt straight away.

3 at the back against pacy wingers risks us getting exposed on the counter if both fullbacks are upfield but the plus is it does give us more threat from wide areas.
    In this match I would be asking McMann not to push forward too much and look for Freeman to do it with Butcher covering the space he leaves behind.

Either way it's going to be interesting to see how Tam lines us up because we really need to be getting back on track with 3 points here.
    Levitt's first name on the team sheet for me. He has such a controlling influence on the game. The more he plays, the quicker he gets back to the pre-injury Levitt we all saw last year. I can't think of another player who's cost us so much recently with individual errors than Fuchs.

Surely you can't be referring to Blair Spittal as a pacey winger? 😜 The five man midfield, for me, takes care of anything they offer in the wide areas and helps us exploit their narrow 4231, which I assume they'll revert back to after the weekend.

The way we set up will tell us all about how Tam wants us to approach the game.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Levitt's first name on the team sheet for me. He has such a controlling influence on the game. The more he plays, the quicker he gets back to the pre-injury Levitt we all saw last year. I can't think of another player who's cost us so much recently with individual errors than Fuchs.

Surely you can't be referring to Blair Spittal as a pacey winger? �� The five man midfield, for me, takes care of anything they offer in the wide areas and helps us exploit their narrow 4231, which I assume they'll revert back to after the weekend.

The way we set up will tell us all about how Tam wants us to approach the game.
    agree on all points, Levitt first name on sheet for me

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    The next 3 games (Mhinks excluded) will define our season. We'll know if we're in a relegation dogfight by the time full time comes at McDiarmid.
    Agreed, I really hope we’re not especially as it looks like business is done for this window.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)