+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: v County

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    TBH I'd rather that Butcher in than Reynolds (although I'd rather have Neilson in over Butcher). Fuchs, Harkes and Pawlett have to be on their proper last chances here.

Pawlett and Watt can't go roaming too much, they have to stay high up the pitch to keep the County full backs back.

The lack of runners from midfield do concern me though, but I'm not too sure its the natural game of anyone currently in the squad
    4-3-3 against a team who play with two fast wide men(?) could be disastrous, hopefully I’m well wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by japanarab View Post
    4-3-3 against a team who play with two fast wide men(?) could be disastrous, hopefully I’m well wrong.
    In theory, and its only theory, 4-3-3 is a good counter to 4-2-3-1 as you should be able to control the midfield 3 v 2 and attack with 3 v 4 and to stop the attacking of the full backs. If your wide guys in 4-3-3 do their job v the full backs, the wingers in a 4-2-3-1 will have to drop back to help them out.

That is the theory!

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Now i really hope my 90% source wrong here, really hope so. Butcher at CB, WTF did we let Reynolds leave for without a straight replacement coming in? incredibly stupid and could prove very costly
    Exactly my point last week when folk were giving it 'Butcher can play CB, as can McMann' etc etc. We shouldn't be asking people to play unfamiliar positions. It not only weakens that part of the team but it weakens the part of the team they should be playing in. We're now having to play an out of form Fuchs and a boy who isn't capable of playing well when the going gets tough in Harkes, because we're losing Butcher to the defence. Crazy, fcuking crazy decision. I really hope we strengthen CB before the window closes.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Exactly my point last week when folk were giving it 'Butcher can play CB, as can McMann' etc etc. We shouldn't be asking people to play unfamiliar positions. It not only weakens that part of the team but it weakens the part of the team they should be playing in. We're now having to play an out of form Fuchs and a boy who isn't capable of playing well when the going gets tough in Harkes, because we're losing Butcher to the defence. Crazy, fcuking crazy decision. I really hope we strengthen CB before the window closes.
    hopefully this was the kick up the arse fuchs needed

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    IIRC the last time Butcher filled in at CB we were 2-0 down by halftime (going on 4) at Motherwell

If that lineup is correct I'm not happy with it

Can see a penalty to Coontie tonight with the Butch giving it away, hope it's not a goal scoring opportunity. Just feel he'll get caught out. Hope to phuk I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    What's the next four for Aberdeen, Hibs and Motherwell with regards the top six situation, currently still more likely

As I'm sure we will fight tooth and nail for top six, within touching distance, especially with a win tomorrow and three of these very winnable

Right now we aren't in a relegation battle, maybe if we are within 6 pts of bottom two and it's split time, then we'd be looking at a battle
    What do you not understand about my reply to ADS? Just like Livi and St Mirren, we do not play the 3 teams directly above us over the next 11 days so they have no bearing on our(Uniteds) results.

When you expect us to fight tooth and nail for top six, are you totally ignorant of the FACT that over the last 11 games, we have 2 draws, 1 win and 8 defeats, 6 of which are in a row! In my opinion, there is only one of those games where we actually turned up, and that was one of your COVID excuse games that we lost!

We may not be in that relegation battle right now, but it is a seriously precarious position we are sitting in, and while i know what i and many other Arabs want, i cannot ignore the possibility we will not get what we want!

Quote Originally Posted by utd4me View Post
    Can see a penalty to Coontie tonight with the Butch giving it away, hope it's not a goal scoring opportunity. Just feel he'll get caught out. Hope to phuk I'm wrong.
    they wont need butch or anyone else near them - just go down in box and they will get a penalty like everyone else this season. Dont know David Munro who is ref tonight though - looks like he has never refereed us before, so hopefully he didnt get the memo about penalties against utd and fvck all for....

jesus his stats are mental already for sending offs and cards. Likes an average of 4 plus yellows a game and has a few 7 and 8 yellows with a red and an u21 international with 10 yellows (wtf).
    Last edited by Shedboy1971; 26-01-2022 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Will send team when i've got from my 100% source, my 90% source tells me this

4-3-3

Benji
    Freeman BUCTHER Edwards McMann
    Fuchs Levitt Harkes
    Pawlett McNulty and Watt

Now i really hope my 90% source wrong here, really hope so. Butcher at CB, WTF did we let Reynolds leave for without a straight replacement coming in? incredibly stupid and could prove very costly

Fuchs and Harkes are both massive no's for me just now

Pawlett wide is also a massive no

4-3-3 is a massive no

prediction based on this team, county to win 2-1 or 3-1
    Agree completely with all of this. 433 does not work ( at least for us) but he blunders on regardless.
    I've also heard this is tonight's team. Man is the latest in a long line of stubborn, head in the sand doughnuts we've landed ourselves with. Useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post
    I am going to game tomorrow but my mate can't manage.
    Question: Can he use his season ticket sign on still to view the game or will he have to Pay per View.
    I'd have thought so as there are actually still restrictions in place.

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)