+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is this the quietest transfer window, ever

Is this the quietest transfer window, ever

Usually during transfer windows there are rumours flying around and discussed - but nowt this window.
    Or very little - none of it discussed on the message boards.
    It wouldn’t surprise me if we signed someone decent.
    But then again it wouldn’t surprise me if we didn’t sign anyone.

Has anyone heard anything at all ?

Schmidt going back to Austria I've heard tonight , €400k the fee .

What did he cost ? , £1m wasn't it plus 2.5 years wages .

So make that nearer £1.4m !!!!!

JUST ANOTHER WASTE OF MONEY FROM OUR 5* RECRUITER'S THE LIST WILL CARRY ON AND ON WITH FOREIGN SIGNINGS AND HCs WHICH HAVE CONTRIBUTED TO OUR INEVITABLE RELEGATION

INS ......None

OUTS...... Continuing

Club is skint.

Ahmad repeated a few days ago that unless we sell a player or players there are no funds to buy players.

We can't expect the owners to spend a penny of their own money and take one or two short term gambles/ loans to at least have a punt at not being relegated.

Problem is no one wants to pay the market rate for any of BFC players because they are performing poorly and potential clubs ent got the brass to buy.

#Arseoyles Art

I didn’t catch the bit where Khaled said we needed to sell before we bought.
    In fact i thought he said the actual opposite - that room had been made within the squad to bring others in.

But - if the owners stick hard and fast to their policy of not using their own money then I can’t see much money being available to bring anyone in.

Worth noting that when Paul Conway described the transfer window a couple of seasons ago as ‘the best transfer window in the history of Barnsley’ then that was probably true.
    But the young players brought in during that time - and there was a lot of them - were brought in by using money (eg sales of players) generated within the club ie NOT money from the owners pockets.

As the club is in a downward spiral the value of individual players will decrease.
    So if the club does sell a player now or in Division 1 they will not get the level of money they were hoping for.
    Consequently not as much money will be available to reinvested back into the club.
    A nightmare scenario of a downward spiral - and all of it caused because:

1) The directors are deciding which player shall play and what tactics the team plays.

2) The directors will not invest their own money in bringing in a couple of good experienced players who are able to tutor the younger players.

Spoiling the ship for a penny worth of tar !!!

As I’ve said in previous posts - I can’t see the directors allowing this to happen without changing something.
    But we will see.