Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
Mick I'm sorry to hear of your woes mate and I hope you're back on the up very soon - thanks for sharing.

Al - whilst it is indeed true that the NHS has long waiting lists, the situation does differ from place to place, my wife had a private operation for a gall bladder removal booked and out of the blue a letter arrived with an NHS date BEFORE the private one. I myself have had a couple of routine tests and thought it would be ages to be seen but it wasn't long at all - all ok thankfully.

The important thing is to see the GP and get the process started, gaps do appear through appointment cancellations - that's not to say I don't recognise that things could well be far worse where you are.

Thanks WCV. I have been waiting years but thankfully I am lucky that I can go private which was the essence of my post that many don't have the funds. Once sorted a black cloud will lift but I always think of the less fortunate every time. Must say had i not been able to put food on the table or to heat the house like a lot of people coupled with severe pains, I may have topped myself so indirectly finances do play a part of any overall thought process. Well it would for many.