+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Great result and a defensive masterclass

Great result and a defensive masterclass

That was just what the doctor ordered after that complete no show against Hull.
    A shift put in by everyone.

And ....how very very wrong we BOTH were to doubt them and be so incredibly negative. About time we showed some faith in what is going on. Its clearly a very different season this, we are here on merit.
    We are the 2nd best side in this division and proving it week after week.
    Boro were meant to be in form, playing a side missing their best 2 players.
    Mowbray out thought them tactically. We outfought them on the pitch, and were also better than them all over it.
    Teams will have an off day from time to time. Ours was a one off.
    Instead we both wrote them off for the rest of the season!! Which was unfair and miles away from what will happen.

That was an immense showing from our defence & midfield. Buckley was excellent in the 1st half. Causing them all kinds of problems. Gallagher stepped up, and was really good, scored a great goal. Considering who we had missing, and the form they were in, that was the biggest win so far. I thought they looked 10 points behind us in the league, which they now are. Nowhere near as good as us. Edun is class, we really found us a star there too.

It's probably the one time I like being proven wrong,when it comes to expecting football doom and it going the complete opposite.

I am loving being proved wrong! I would much prefer to be wrong than sat here saying ...knew it ......

I have already had to massively back-track on Rothwell, having said he will never make it. He is showing me how wrong I was every week.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)