+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Wealdstone FC 25.01.22 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Fair point but the principles remains the same, in 2 ways, poor first halves and starts are a detriment to Notts in 2 ways

Inability to win against poor outfits, that pack 11 men behind the ball, costs us 10 to 15 points over a season , we should be at these teams from the word go , its us that have to show we are the better team , not giving them a free half so to speak

In play off matches, a team will do their homework , and come at us with a high press knowing we may crumble if pressure is put on us , early in the game. If we start poor we will fall behind, and give ourselves more work to do , in my opinion lowering our chances, in some cases we may not get a foothold in the game at all
    Well of course I'm sure we all want Notts to start well, and not have a dip or let our foot off the gas until the final minutes but sadly football doesn't work like that.

If it were the opposite and we started fast but faded and allowed teams to come back from a goal or two down to earn a point or all 3 then we all know what the narrative would be on here. It's easy to highlight weaknesses , easier than strengths it seems.

If we end up in the playoffs then I am 100% confident IB will do as much homework as any other manager in them to identify other teams weaknesses. After all every team has them.

There is no doubt that one of our main weaknesses since joining the NL is our ability to beat poorer outfits away from home. Its continued this season sadly. On the flip side there is also no doubt that our record against the better sides has been impressive. Maybe our homework is better with them or maybe they attack more which suits our game.

Fair point but the principles remains the same, in 2 ways, poor first halves and starts are a detriment to Notts in 2 ways

Inability to win against poor outfits, that pack 11 men behind the ball, costs us 10 to 15 points over a season , we should be at these teams from the word go , its us that have to show we are the better team , not giving them a free half so to speak

In play off matches, a team will do their homework , and come at us with a high press knowing we may crumble if pressure is put on us , early in the game. If we start poor we will fall behind, and give ourselves more work to do , in my opinion lowering our chances, in some cases we may not get a foothold in the game at all
    Also, Davy500, in a play-off situation we won't be playing against teams happy to settle for a draw, they'll be our equals at least and they'll be going for goals and a win. There's much more at stake in those games than just seeing the game out for a point.

We have get harder to play against, now.

Since joining NL, Notts still have not been able to work out the answer, to how to beat poor outfits that pack 11 men behind the ball, and how to stop teams with a high press beating us ( ie play off games) , until we finally come up with the solution to both these dilemas we will remain in this league

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Also, Davy500, in a play-off situation we won't be playing against teams happy to settle for a draw, they'll be our equals at least and they'll be going for goals and a win. There's much more at stake in those games than just seeing the game out for a point.

We have get harder to play against, now.
    Exactly , in a play off match they will come at us from the offset, with a high press

Hey, one thing that might give us hope, when Sutton Utd were promoted, in that season they only got a point a Wealdstone, 3-3, they were actulaly losing 3-2, and equalised deep into injury time on 95 mins

Gotta say (in case it didn't come across too clearly before, in my comments that are now copied to the Stones board, haha) - I think calling Wealdstone a bunch of part timers or a poor club is doing them a disservice. No doubt they are where they are in the table for a reason, but we could have been behind at half time and I thought they had some nice passages of play before the break; and as they tired second half, they still set up very well to frustrate us.

I did really think that if we kept plugging away second half we'd find a way through, but it wasn't to be. Felt more like lack of sharpness and even confidence. Our first half performace wasn't just about them, though, even though their press was effective.

Roll on Bromley.

Exactly , in a play off match they will come at us from the offset, with a high press
    I'm confused which are you more concerned about the high press from a promotion rival? Or the low block from a lower placed poorer side? Or both? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I'm confused which are you more concerned about the high press from a promotion rival? Or the low block from a lower placed poorer side? Or both? Lol
    Bloody hell Laddo, i am confused now lol

Bloody hell Laddo, i am confused now lol
    Let's just put it down as classic Davy worrying and highlighting our weaknesses and why we won't win the league.

Poor game and disappointing result obviously but the away end seemed in good spirits throughout although frustrated by the lack of end product in the final 3rd.

I didn't catch how many travelled? Was it announced?

Let's face it be only appears when we drop points

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast