+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lewis Knight ?

Lewis Knight ?

Does anyone know how he is recovering from injury (what was it I cant remember ) is he back in full training , light training or none at all ? Would love to see him given a chance back up top so we can use his pace to get behind the back four ! could this be the missing link !?

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Does anyone know how he is recovering from injury (what was it I cant remember ) is he back in full training , light training or none at all ? Would love to see him given a chance back up top so we can use his pace to get behind the back four ! could this be the missing link !?
    Can't find any updates.

Asked the same question myself t'other day. Apparently still injured. No idea of return date. Given he was hardly pulling up any trees before his injury and it will inevitably take him a while to get back I would be surprised if we see any return on him this season.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Asked the same question myself t'other day. Apparently still injured. No idea of return date. Given he was hardly pulling up any trees before his injury and it will inevitably take him a while to get back I would be surprised if we see any return on him this season.
    Personally I don't think he's been given a fair crack of the whip to prove his worth. A few games with Boring Ardley with a style of play that was so slow it was never going to suit Knights strengths and then wedding him in at right back. I can see him alongside Woots if he runs beyond him, either with a hoof over the top ! or timing his runs when Woots comes deep and plays it back into midfield Knights should be making late runs across the back four to push into space beyond them. This would negate the need for O'brien to make his late runs from deep exposing the midfield if the through ball is cut out for example Halifax. I think he could add another dimension to our attacking play and allow us to play through the middle instead of down the wings all the time ! If he is a genuine goal scorer perhaps get on the end of some of the lovely balls we put across the box !!?
    just a thought ...

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Personally I don't think he's been given a fair crack of the whip to prove his worth. A few games with Boring Ardley with a style of play that was so slow it was never going to suit Knights strengths and then wedding him in at right back. I can see him alongside Woots if he runs beyond him, either with a hoof over the top ! or timing his runs when Woots comes deep and plays it back into midfield Knights should be making late runs across the back four to push into space beyond them. This would negate the need for O'brien to make his late runs from deep exposing the midfield if the through ball is cut out for example Halifax. I think he could add another dimension to our attacking play and allow us to play through the middle instead of down the wings all the time ! If he is a genuine goal scorer perhaps get on the end of some of the lovely balls we put across the box !!?
    just a thought ...
    I am not in a position to comment really of course now my live streams have been all but turned off, but I would be surprised if we get much out of him this season. What you are saying makes perfect sense. I wish him all the best. We don't seem to have had much luck with new signings and injuries in recent times. You have to wonder if they need a new column in the spreadsheet for that. Isn't Woottons contract up at the end of this season? If we don't go up I can't see him hanging around so the potential partnership you mention, probably won't get much time to blossom. I guess anything has to be better than Sam and Mitchell. You have to wonder why we went so hard after Mitchell. let's hope Knight can at least replace the goals we will lose when Wootton leaves when we don't get promoted.
    Last edited by queenslandpie; 19-10-2021 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    let's hope Knight can at least replace the goals we will lose when Wootton leaves when we don't get promoted.
    We’ll have to sell him before the end of the season to get any transfer fee!
    Personally, I can’t see anyone with pace succeeding up front until we speed up the tempo. We’ve become very Ardleyesque in our build up which is a nightmare for any front man trying to make runs behind. I do believe IB is wanting us to mix it up more, though.

I feel sorry for the lad, coming here to a relatively big club, Wishin' and Hopin' to slot into a Merseybeat-in' attacking role, only to find he's picking splinters out of his arse on a Dusty subs bench every week, waiting to Spring onto the Field. He must be Dionne to play in Warwick, or somewhere, even as a full-Bacharach.

Yes, not much has gone right for him since he joined...

He did get a chance in an extended run of games though, and he just didn't look ready.
    The last injury was very recent and seemed a bad reoccurrence of the original (?), either way he'll be a long way from being available now. His time and chance will come

I wish there was as much eagerness to see Elisha Sam given a chance. He's never had anything like the run of games Lewis had, or the number of chances Kairo's had this season..

In an interview back in June(ish) IB said they had to work out a role for Sam and give him a chance in it. I don't think he'll ever be given the luxury of a run of games. He'll have to prove himself in 1 or 2 games, if at all. I hope this begins tonight as I expect him to start... At least then we can say that he did get a chance at Notts, should he move on and prove himself elsewhere. The ability is there.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Yes, not much has gone right for him since he joined...

He did get a chance in an extended run of games though, and he just didn't look ready.
    The last injury was very recent and seemed a bad reoccurrence of the original (?), either way he'll be a long way from being available now. His time and chance will come

I wish there was as much eagerness to see Elisha Sam given a chance. He's never had anything like the run of games Lewis had, or the number of chances Kairo's had this season..

In an interview back in June(ish) IB said they had to work out a role for Sam and give him a chance in it. I don't think he'll ever be given the luxury of a run of games. He'll have to prove himself in 1 or 2 games, if at all. I hope this begins tonight as I expect him to start... At least then we can say that he did get a chance at Notts, should he move on and prove himself elsewhere. The ability is there.
    I think we have two problems with Sam:

1. He was signed without anyone knowing his best position in the side. That's still not been discovered. His cause hasn't been helped by neither Ardley nor Buchnall settling on a forward formation (Wootton by himself? Someone alongside Wootton? Two alongside Wootton?). We still feel like a team in transition that doesn't know how to get the best out of everyone in the squad.

2. Whenever Sam's come into the side or been brought on off the bench, he's just not done enough to earn a place in the team on a regular basis. At Halifax last month, they brought a player on who won the game for them; Sam jogged alongside the guy in midfield before giving up. He's just not having any effect on games.

Knight, Sam, Mitchell are sadly not up to it, and won't score 15 goals between them

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast