+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cambridge United Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    I predicted it before kick off that both Kayode and Grigg would be pants and they both were. If that's what our forward line is if Smith and Ladapo go I'm dreading the future.

I've read of Griggs good link up play......and......he was garbage. Ball control, lack of winning any header, never had a shot all night.
    He HAS been a wasted wage since he came and if Warne is thinking of signing him close season......jeez.

Kayode, faired absolutely no better. A glancing header first half and one straight at the keeper second half. Reminds me in a way of a scampering Yates, loads of running with no end product.

Someone thinks he's not for off starting as a regular, . He's absolutely no where near a league 1 player, get him back back out on loan to get him regular game time and for someone to get him built up. Time and again he was beaten to high balls, just simply not good enough as a first team player for us. No wait a minute he's our possible future....

My opinion Kayode one of better players tonight. Lindsay winning tackles I liked. 4 subs brought on didn't make much difference apart from 3 of them scoring in penalty shootout. Bola I'd loan out. Still hope Ladapo goes.

Seriously if Warne thinks his forward line is good enough we are doomed. Here come Ipswich and others.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    My opinion Kayode one of better players tonight. Lindsay winning tackles I liked. 4 subs brought on didn't make much difference apart from 3 of them scoring in penalty shootout. Bola I'd loan out. Still hope Ladapo goes.
    I've posted on Kayode, you have your view and I respect what you've posted. I agree on Bola, loan him out, another one not yet ready to play first team football. He's definitely not a left winger and is no better at crossing a ball than Ogbene.

Subs - Ladapo did more running in the 20 minutes when he came on than Grigg did all night but, Freddie's burnt his bridge with Warney so now he'll always play second fiddle until he leaves......shame how all this has panned out.

Wasn't going to say much about the game as most has been said, thought it was sum wat spoiled by someone in the crowd. I'm not sure if it was too much ale or pure frustration but the embarrassing language aimed at the players was disgusting from someone who should know better.

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    .....add it to the money for Tilt + Sadlier and buy Brophy from Cambridge,...........
    We've enough wingers pal, it's a forward we definitely urgently need. BTW, where's Sadlier going? Portsmouth like I said?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    I predicted it before kick off that both Kayode and Grigg would be pants and they both were. If that's what our forward line is, if Smith and Ladapo go, I'm dreading the future.

I've read of Griggs good link up play......and......he was garbage. Ball control, lack of winning any header, never had a shot all night.
    He HAS been a wasted wage since he came and if Warne is thinking of signing him close season......jeez. Yes everyone has their own views that should be respected but amazingly those sat around me, didn't have a good word for him all night so I can't be all that wrong.

Kayode, faired absolutely no better. A glancing header first half and one straight at the keeper second half. Reminds me in a way of a scampering Yates, loads of running with no end product.

Someone thinks he's not for off starting as a regular, . He's absolutely no where near a league 1 player, get him back back out on loan to get him regular game time and for someone to get him built up. Oh hang on a minute, we haven't brought a new forward in just in case others leave.

Time and again he was beaten to high balls, just simply not good enough as a first team player for us. No wait a minute he's our possible future....

We had a good spell of solid passing and a pinball wizard attempt at goal which raised the spirits, Wes' goal and not much more first half. Second half it just wasn't happening. Very surprised to see Sadlier start considering he's been ill? Definitely not a midfielder but, he has a lot more to offer but Warne can't see his natural number 10 slot to use him there.

Odoffin, what can I say other than I'm just sat here shaking my head.

In fact I can't be bothered with the rest of my reply........
    Grigg was dog. Earlier in the season I saw the link up play and better technical aspects to his performance but, above all else, his fitness seems to be going backwards as the season progresses. I ain't defending that. No to staying beyond this season, wherever we are playing. Not a recent no but now a definite one.

I know I've been vocal on Sadlier this season but whether or not PW doesn't see his natural position, the man can't seem to pass 10 yards to a teammate 80% of the time. That's not a positional issue, that's just being sloppy.

Yeah JJ is still very raw, hasn't changed too much. I see glimpses though and happier to in these games rather than the league. There is a player there but lift some weights young man. Eat some chicken and bulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Not a great game but another win.
    Should have left Grigg on for the full game don’t understand taking him off.
    Good penalties.
    Freezing cold.
    Sadlier is the new scapegoat
    Sadlier needs to go
    I was quite warm

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Yeah, I'd loan Bola out too.

So Grigg is going backwards?

So would any other forward we sign on a loan if they don’t get enough pitch time with the first team.

If I was a forward considering a move here I would think twice about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    So Grigg is going backwards?

So would any other forward we sign on a loan if they don’t get enough pitch time with the first team.

If I was a forward considering a move here I would think twice about it.
    Some truth to that but he has the explosiveness of a tortoise right now.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast