+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Cambridge United Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Wasn't going to say much about the game as most has been said, thought it was sum wat spoiled by someone in the crowd. I'm not sure if it was too much ale or pure frustration but the embarrassing language aimed at the players was disgusting from someone who should know better.
    Probably same knob that was at one of games I went to, I had to bite my tongue and Stewards don’t wasn’t to know

Just repeating what others have said so I’ll leave it.
    Last edited by Beaufighter; 26-01-2022 at 08:38 AM.

I thought it was quite entertaining, despite the lack of efforts on goal by either side. Cambridge were out on their feet by the end, probably their reluctance to bring some of the kids on from the bench.
    Think we just about deserved to win through, but again very impressed with them. Why they aren't further up the table I don't understand
    Full marks to the Viking. He got no where near the first 6 pens, then produced a blinding save. Us v Wigan at some point?

You can watch the Semi-Final draw live on Sky Sports Main Event and Football with the draw also streamed in full on the @PapaJohnsTrophy Twitter account.

Both Semi-Final ties are scheduled for week commencing 7 March and are set to be broadcast live on Sky Sports.

Well done Harding, enjoy that cake

Jamie Lindsay
    20.2%
    Michael Ihiekwe
    23%
    Wes Harding
    37.6%
    Joshua Kayode
    19.2%

I think firstly we have to be pleased we have reached the last 4, it is extra income and shows we can win cup ties

Sadlier didn't play well last night, however we have no idea how much his illness had an effect, he showed some lovely skill at times but his distribution was poor by his standards, getting shut of him would be a mistake, he brings something to the game that we do not have in the squad.

We must remember that a lot of that team haven't had much game time and that is a huge factor on sharpness and fitness, I think the midfield did well when you consider how much football they have played. I do not understand the comments on Bola, he delivered a number of wonderful crosses and he has pace, he is a young lad get off his back.

The four subs made us look worse and they are all regular first team players, we were easily on top until those changes and then for 15 mins we hardly touched the ball.

The big concern for me is the front two, grigg has the brains but not the body anymore and kayode is no where near ready. He needs to build up his muscle weight, the slightest touch and he is knocked off the ball, and he had two clear easy chances as well as the one where he dived to try and get a penalty. For me he lacks belief in front of goal, he is not a natural finisher and requires more development, he works hard and is a team player, I can see why the management like him but he will not get us promoted. He is one for the future and we should develop him. Freddie doesn't look interested, and appears to be mentally elsewhere, we desperately need a striker in this window if PW cannot see that, then I would love to hear the explanation.

cambridge are a good team, in all three games they have really pushed us and they have real character and good luck to them

Think we get 50,000 from last nights game which I’m sure will be much appreciated

Agree about Bola Derby, definitely a player there but he needs games so maybe a loan is needed for him

Watched on I follow I'm looking ahead. Who came into the side last night starting Victor Edmunds Green Lindsay Kayode at least for rest of this season have a part to play. Vickers is still no. 1 keeper. For one reason or another Bola Odoffin Sadlier Ladapo Grigg need moving on in some cases end of this season. Lindsay with his getting stuck in which we've missed played himself into a starting place at Crewe in midfield in place of Rathbone or Wiles. If we don't sign a striker for then I've no grumbles with Kayode up front with Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Watched on I follow I'm looking ahead. Who came into the side last night starting Victor Edmunds Green Lindsay Kayode at least for rest of this season have a part to play. Vickers is still no. 1 keeper. For one reason or another Bola Odoffin Sadlier Ladapo Grigg need moving on in some cases end of this season. Lindsay with his getting stuck in which we've missed played himself into a starting place at Crewe in midfield in place of Rathbone or Wiles. If we don't sign a striker for then I've no grumbles with Kayode up front with Smith.

Bola is same as Ferguson & Miller in that he hasn't got pace to beat a man on the outside but unlike them he struggles to get his cross in. Your born with pace if haven't got it you never will have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    I think firstly we have to be pleased we have reached the last 4, it is extra income and shows we can win cup ties

Sadlier didn't play well last night, however we have no idea how much his illness had an effect, he showed some lovely skill at times but his distribution was poor by his standards, getting shut of him would be a mistake, he brings something to the game that we do not have in the squad.

We must remember that a lot of that team haven't had much game time and that is a huge factor on sharpness and fitness, I think the midfield did well when you consider how much football they have played. I do not understand the comments on Bola, he delivered a number of wonderful crosses and he has pace, he is a young lad get off his back.

The four subs made us look worse and they are all regular first team players, we were easily on top until those changes and then for 15 mins we hardly touched the ball.

The big concern for me is the front two, grigg has the brains but not the body anymore and kayode is no where near ready. He needs to build up his muscle weight, the slightest touch and he is knocked off the ball, and he had two clear easy chances as well as the one where he dived to try and get a penalty. For me he lacks belief in front of goal, he is not a natural finisher and requires more development, he works hard and is a team player, I can see why the management like him but he will not get us promoted. He is one for the future and we should develop him. Freddie doesn't look interested, and appears to be mentally elsewhere, we desperately need a striker in this window if PW cannot see that, then I would love to hear the explanation.

cambridge are a good team, in all three games they have really pushed us and they have real character and good luck to them
    I agree with those sentiments Derby. Sadlier frustrates the life out of me. He couldn't tackle a fish supper and is as weak as a kitten out of possession BUT he does have something different to the rest of our squad. Given a free role he could be extremely effective. The question, of course, is whether we can accommodate that. I honestly don't know but we've got to keep him as he could be our 'Plan B' wild card. Dare we try it?

I also agree about Grigg. A couple of his touches, and passes, were sublime but, sadly, it does look like his legs have gone. I was hoping it was a fitness issue, then I hoped it might be a tiredness thing (new baby), but now I'm starting to think that Father Time may have got him.

JJ will be good. I'm convinced of that. But we can't hang this season's hopes on him. It's too soon.

Please, please, please football gods let Freddie be gone soon. Warne is doing brilliantly in the way he's managing the situation but all parties need the situation resolving. I know it's easy for me to say but I'd love the club to be proactive and bring in a replacement striker prior to Ladapo leaving. Such a decision would have to be sanctioned by TS as there are obvious financial implications with such a move. I.e. what if absolutely nobody comes in for Freddie, then what?

All in all, I thought it was a decent enough game and, yes, Cambridge are a good side. I'm glad we don't have to play them again this season.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast