+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transfer deadline day

Transfer deadline day

I for one will be pleased when its closed, all the daily reports have done my head in but it is exciting all the same.

I genuinely think they will pull off a few surprises to make people sit up and take notice that we wont go away.

So far - Trippier, Wood

expected tomorrow announcement - Guimarães, Burn

deadline day - Tarkowski, Lingard

maybe a deadline day shock or 2 - Botman/Carlos/Coady/Dembele/Zapata

overall, could be a great window.

Probably see Woodman, Ritchie, Clark, Gayle, Longstaff x2 leave

It is amazing to think, In the last transfer window, we could not afford the money to loan Hamza Choudhury.

I think this is the most excited I've ever been on a deadline day for us, actually I 100 percent know it is. I agree the daily rumours linking us to every player on the planet have been a bit frustrating but at the same time a lot of them have been true and we've made a lot of offers and already signed some good players. I think tomorrow will be very interesting, I'm assuming we haven't completely walked away from certain offers we've made and clubs will be starting to sweat a bit wether to accept the money. Or could it work the other way and we just bang in some big bucks to land a couple of targets? The way we've gone about our business so far you wouldn't think so but we're Fu(king rich so who knows haha.

So many let downs over the years, I stopped watching it in the end. I remember one year (just checked it was January 2012), about 10:00 pm Sky announced news that Sebastian Bassong was going out on loan from Spurs and they will announce it after the break. Was thinking - great, we’ve made a realistic loan signing who knows the club and will improve us, the window ends in a bit of a positive. He went to Wolves.

I don't actually expect any other deals to close other than Guimaraes.

Will be absolutely over the moon if we do any more business. It is clear that we will spend money but only what we think a player is worth. While that bodes well for future business, not sure it is a position that we should adopt right now.

To be honest, we desperately need another CB and another Striker but the January circus has made it nearly impossible to do sensible business. Lingard pushing up the middle will do wonders for our attack but it is our defence that will get us relegated. TBH, the owners should stump up the £20m EXTRA or whatever ransom teams are calling for their CBs (not +£10m or a Lingard loan!).

While Lascelles could turn around his AWFUL form for 4-5 months, we are relying on him and Clark to keep us in this division. Schar can clearly do a job elsewhere on the pitch but I'm not convinced by him playing at CB.

We are playing a high-stakes gamble if we don't get more in. Can't really blame the owners for their efforts but this might be the window they should splash extra rather than going crazy in Summer.

Quote Originally Posted by trinitoon View Post
    I don't actually expect any other deals to close other than Guimaraes.

Will be absolutely over the moon if we do any more business. It is clear that we will spend money but only what we think a player is worth. While that bodes well for future business, not sure it is a position that we should adopt right now.

To be honest, we desperately need another CB and another Striker but the January circus has made it nearly impossible to do sensible business. Lingard pushing up the middle will do wonders for our attack but it is our defence that will get us relegated. TBH, the owners should stump up the £20m EXTRA or whatever ransom teams are calling for their CBs (not +£10m or a Lingard loan!).

While Lascelles could turn around his AWFUL form for 4-5 months, we are relying on him and Clark to keep us in this division. Schar can clearly do a job elsewhere on the pitch but I'm not convinced by him playing at CB.

We are playing a high-stakes gamble if we don't get more in. Can't really blame the owners for their efforts but this might be the window they should splash extra rather than going crazy in Summer.
    We've just agreed a fee with Brighton for Dan Burn £13mill, £10 mill with add on's I think that's a quality bit of business for a quality left footed center back and a regular premier League starter.

13m bid accepted by Brighton for Burn

🎉🎉🎉

Yay.

If he passes that medical, I might be searching for a new ars'ecrack too at this rate. LOOOOOOL.

--

Judging from the flurry of headlines, seems as though the dominoes are starting to fall a day early.

one of the things that has impressed me the most about our owners is, how shrewd they are.

Even though we have a lot of money, they still haggle over the price and stretch the payments out over 5 years so we can stay competitive in future window's.

It shows that they wont be taken advantage of by greedy clubs.

We are definitely in safe hands and its about time after the years of shlt we have had to endure

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)