+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Season 2021-22: Half Time Reports

Season 2021-22: Half Time Reports

This might be a thread to look back on come season's end. Hopefully with a big grin on our faces.

Half way through the season then and we sit 6 points off the top, unbeaten in 6 matches and with two games in hand on the leaders.

Our points-per-game average is running at 1.91.

After tonight's 0-0 at Grosvenor Vale, which in all honesty was disappointing, I'm still feeling positive about the season as a whole. I reckon the stop-start nature of the last month or two has been a hindrance to us and as the games start to come thick and fast (and hopefully without bonkers late postponements!) we'll begin to get back into the groove.

Still feeling excited. There's just a great feeling about the club, both on the pitch and behind the scenes. Fingers crossed!

How's everyone else feeling about the next 22 games? 66 points to play for after all!

COYP!
    Last edited by SwalePie; 25-01-2022 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    This might be a thread to look back on come season's end. Hopefully with a big grin on our faces.

Half way through the season then and we sit 6 points off the top, unbeaten in 6 matches and with two games in hand on the leaders.

Our points-per-game average is running at 1.91.

After tonight's 0-0 at Grosvenor Vale, which in all honesty was disappointing, I'm still feeling positive about the season as a whole. I reckon the stop-start nature of the last month or two has been a hindrance to us and as the games start to come thick and fast (and hopefully without bonkers late postponements!) we'll begin to get back into the groove.

Still feeling excited. There's just a great feeling about the club, both on the pitch and behind the scenes. Fingers crossed!

How's everyone else feeling about the next 22 games? 66 points to play for after all!

COYP!
    If the league were based on home form alone, we’d be champions. Sadly, our away form and performances aren’t at the required level to get automatic promotion.

A recurring problem for all of our three seasons in hell is our inability to win at the crappy places where you need to win. I think this is what got Sutton promoted last season and Stockport seem to be doing the same this season. Dropping points at Weymouth, Altrincham and Wealdstone does not generally get you promoted.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 25-01-2022 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Edited quote to match

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Anything less than 65 points and Burchnall should be shown the door.

I'm optimistic more than confident, but saying that optimistic is pretty good for me!

Overall we would probably get 7.5 / 10 obviously with the away from dragging us down hugely. If you look at the way the club is run the manager we have and in general the squad it's hard not to feel optimistic. I think we are moving forward. However we are competing for the title with Stockport and Wrexham who are hitting their straps. Boreham Wood just keeping winning and can no longer be written off but I think Chesterfield and Halifax will fall away. For me top 3 is entirely realistic. I can't see us winning the league due to our consistent failure ( and its been that way since we were relegated not just this season) to put poorer teams away consistently plus this season we have the added issue of the crazy money teams. We will probably beat Bromley 7-0 at the weekend.

7-0 hey? What are we smoking in the hinterland this fine Aussie Day?

The top six clubs are separated by three points and it's far closer than I would like ,I wouldn't like to bet on who goes up tbh but if you don't finish top then it could be anyone's on the day

My worry is our run in at the end of the season looks quite easy on paper, but then so did Wealdstone and we struggled. We're far to inconsistent to take the top spot but I do expect a play off place AGAIN!! Followed by another fail due to that inconsistancy.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    If the league were based on home form alone, we’d be champions..
    We wouldn't have been relegated to this level in the first place on home games only. Port Vale would have gone down with Yeovil on goal difference.

At this stage, if you had to stake your life on it, you'd have to predict Stockport for 1st and Wrexham to face Notts in the play off final.
    If you do a form table based on the last 6 played, then a table for last 7 played and repeat through to the last 12 played, it's almost always those three in that order in the top three.

We will be play off fodder
    Ive thought that since Sept and still do
    We willbe going to Wealdstone next season imo

Welcome back Kelton

A mid table table prediction before a ball was kicked to play off fodder since September is a clear upgrade. We are heading in the right direction.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast