+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Asbaghi should resign

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    I doubt very much Hassel and Disco would want to be put in the firing line , with all due respect to them both , they have for now a relatively easy number , they also seem to enjoy their jobs too , putting them in charge with these Crackpot owners won't end well for either of them, It's only a matter of time before both of them move on ,
    Has Melissa Murphy (Dane's wife). who was the club's first Academy Chief Operations Officer, been replaced ?

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Has Melissa Murphy (Dane's wife). who was the club's first Academy Chief Operations Officer, been replaced ?
    I've no idea SB , as things are standing at moment "chaotic" it wouldn't surprise me if Disco went to the Blunts !!!

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    For me though the players have to take a big slice of responsibility , yet all they are doing is feeling sorry for themselves . What makes my p!ss boil is they’re apparently all about young talent yet I am reliably informed they are releasing players at 13,14 and 15 because they are limiting numbers. These kids are then being apologised to by staff asi understand they don’t agree with the decision but their hands are tied. If we are so he’ll bent on developing players then sack asbaghi, stick all the young ones in and put devaney and Hassell in charge and let’s try and unearth some gems between now and the end of the season .
    I have been told the same thing about releasing the young 'uns, and if we go down they won't have any teams below the U18s

I believe Schopp and Asbaghi are good managers - because their records show they are good managers.
    Schopp has done fantastic things with a small town club.
    And you don’t get to be the Sweden under 23 manager if you are poor at what you do.
    Both excellent managers - that suddenly look poor when they walk through the door at Barnsley.
    IMO - the mess we are seeing now cannot be laid at the door of either manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    I believe Schopp and Asbaghi are good managers - because their records show they are good managers.
    Schopp has done fantastic things with a small town club.
    And you don’t get to be the Sweden under 23 manager if you are poor at what you do.
    Both excellent managers - that suddenly look poor when they walk through the door at Barnsley.
    IMO - the mess we are seeing now cannot be laid at the door of either manager.

But this is the English championship. A totally different and higher standard of league.

There has been no uplift in the spirit of the team whatsoever.
    The attacks on Marcus Schopp was totally out of order by Barnsley supporters.
    And the Barnsley CEO making Schopp the excuse for failure was especially unacceptable and galling.
    Both Asbaghi and Schopp are good managers - but they are not managers suitable for Barnsley at this time.
    The problems lies elsewhere.

A coach cannot coach if he is being told who to play and what tactics to play.
    With the prospect of not being able to bring players of quality in that would solve the problems.
    Asbaghi needs to walk away.
    Not sure how you can say either Schopp or Asbaghi are good managers , it would appear from where I am looking that neither have the tactical nouse, game management or motivational skills to get a tune out of a group of players that got within a whisker of the premier league last season , they were & are way out of their depth at this level of football & to be honest they are like rabbits looking into headlamps , Schopp has gone & I fear Asbaghi will not be long in his tenure of the Oakwell hot seat, the comfort zone of some minor league in the back waters of European football awaits them both , alas though with these charlatans at the helm the next one will be of the same ilk, a case of rinse & repeat & until they either get very lucky again or do the honourable thing & depart these shores then we are going only one way & its not the way we want

Their records show they have been good managers:
    However since arriving at Barnsley.

Fans wondering why we haven’t properly replaced Dike?

Months go by with Morris injured - and Obbi brought in as just a gamble.
    If he gets fit he gets fit - if he doesn’t he doesn’t.

And then we hear that it doesn’t matter if we don’t have any target strikers because the tactics from last season have been ditched.
    In future the coaches will be instructed to play a more passing game - which is totally alien to what’s been previously drilled into the players.
    And isn’t that clearly evident when the team moves forward!!!
    Totally disjointed.

Then Schopp complaining that we need experience (leaders).
    But none were forthcoming.

And according to reports no experienced players are on the radar during this transfer window either.

Then this week we learn - not only are directors dictating tactics - but they are actually against playing older experienced players and are determining which young players are pushed into the 1st team.

In other words - we have American directors who know nothing about soccer - telling the coach how to play - who to play - and which type of player can be recruited.

How can any coach be successful in the Championship working within a culture like that ???

However since arriving at Barnsley.

Fans wondering why we haven’t properly replaced Dike?

Months go by with Morris injured - and Obbi brought in as just a gamble.
    If he gets fit he gets fit - if he doesn’t he doesn’t.

And then we hear that it doesn’t matter if we don’t have any target strikers because the tactics from last season have been ditched.
    In future the coaches will be instructed to play a more passing game - which is totally alien to what’s been previously drilled into the players.
    And isn’t that clearly evident when the team moves forward!!!
    Totally disjointed.

Then Schopp complaining that we need experience (leaders).
    But none were forthcoming.

And according to reports no experienced players are on the radar during this transfer window either.

Then this week we learn - not only are directors dictating tactics - but they are actually against playing older experienced players and are determining which young players are pushed into the 1st team.

In other words - we have American directors who know nothing about soccer - telling the coach how to play - who to play - and which type of player can be recruited.

How can any coach be successful in the Championship working within a culture like that ???
    They cant which is why we are adrift of the pack in a league we finished fifth in last year.

Sacking this manager wont make any difference under this dictatorship. In fact, do we need a manager?

O/P just more tedious ramblings ,

Out of their depth in the best second tier in Europe---the Championship.

Schopp from a small town Austrian team Hartberg--ground capacity 4635, similar to Harrogate

Asbaghi--left club management for the "pressures" of games with Sweden U21's with weeks between games

Good managers my arse, Cheap, yes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast