+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Asbaghi should resign

Asbaghi should resign

There has been no uplift in the spirit of the team whatsoever.
    The attacks on Marcus Schopp was totally out of order by Barnsley supporters.
    And the Barnsley CEO making Schopp the excuse for failure was especially unacceptable and galling.
    Both Asbaghi and Schopp are good managers - but they are not managers suitable for Barnsley at this time.
    The problems lies elsewhere.

A coach cannot coach if he is being told who to play and what tactics to play.
    With the prospect of not being able to bring players of quality in that would solve the problems.
    Asbaghi needs to walk away.
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 25-01-2022 at 10:32 PM.

They are not blame for a lot of the problems but just wondered how you came to the conclusion they are both good managers

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    There has been no uplift in the spirit of the team whatsoever.
    The attacks on Marcus Schopp was totally out of order by Barnsley supporters.
    And the Barnsley CEO making Schopp the excuse for failure was especially unacceptable and galling.
    Both Asbaghi and Schopp are good managers - but they are not managers suitable for Barnsley at this time.
    The problems lies elsewhere.

A coach cannot coach if he is being told who to play and what tactics to play.
    With the prospect of not being able to bring players of quality in that would solve the problems.
    Asbaghi needs to walk away.
    Schopp isn’t a good manager or certainly not at this level - totally out of his depth, players out of position, no pecking order and everything was ‘amazing’

Asbaghi - well I ain’t convinced. Struber came in and we could at least see a difference and at a similar stage of the season. The comical nature of the goalssmacked of our moraisforest spanking. We have no identity

Jordan williams is a huge liability - have I misunderstood defending (although being fickle I know nothing about football) but why is he not trying to get goalside of his man , third goal I give up . I don’t know the lad so he could be a nice kid, he’s still w@nk. Palmer was just as bad on this btw and he needs to feck off.

I live ponte way so might turn my allegiances back towards frickley or pontefract colliers, whereat least I’ll watch people who give a ****

I would normally jump at the chance to watch us on tv midweek, now I can’t be arsed . I’m seriously considering not going back and watching non league instead

No manager with any credibility will touch us and work for Conway. Surely tha realistic abart that Nudger. The fact that our last two unknown appointments were the cheap option tells you exactly why that is.

Whoever works for this lot gets thrown under a bus. Stendel wanted experience after promotion and dint get it, Struber wanted players to build the squad after escaping relegation and didn't get what he wanted. Schopp was handed a raw deal by being told to abandon the high press to play a more passing game ut from the back despite us not having the players to do that. Asbagi hasn't been given any new players to work with in this window despite being marooned at the foot of the table.

The PMG have created a rancid atmosphere within this club hence most of the backroom staff leaving and the players looking like lost sheep out there on the pitch with no experience to help them along.

What a shower of shyte. I personally fail to see how any head coach can work with these restraints. The rot had set in before Poya arrived.

For me though the players have to take a big slice of responsibility , yet all they are doing is feeling sorry for themselves . What makes my p!ss boil is they’re apparently all about young talent yet I am reliably informed they are releasing players at 13,14 and 15 because they are limiting numbers. These kids are then being apologised to by staff asi understand they don’t agree with the decision but their hands are tied. If we are so he’ll bent on developing players then sack asbaghi, stick all the young ones in and put devaney and Hassell in charge and let’s try and unearth some gems between now and the end of the season .

Ive been thinking the same as well recently because he/Poya isn't helping the situation one little bit.
    But theres also no excuse for the players just not giving a toss anymore and feeling sorry for themselves, which most of them look like they are doing now.

Resign? He should be handed his p45.

These owners need to resign.

They have just thrown in the towel on the season.

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    Schopp isn’t a good manager or certainly not at this level - totally out of his depth, players out of position, no pecking order and everything was ‘amazing’

Asbaghi - well I ain’t convinced. Struber came in and we could at least see a difference and at a similar stage of the season. The comical nature of the goalssmacked of our moraisforest spanking. We have no identity

Jordan williams is a huge liability - have I misunderstood defending (although being fickle I know nothing about football) but why is he not trying to get goalside of his man , third goal I give up . I don’t know the lad so he could be a nice kid, he’s still w@nk. Palmer was just as bad on this btw and he needs to feck off.

I live ponte way so might turn my allegiances back towards frickley or pontefract colliers, whereat least I’ll watch people who give a ****

I would normally jump at the chance to watch us on tv midweek, now I can’t be arsed . I’m seriously considering not going back and watching non league instead
    Non League for me too Renno , I've always enjoyed going to watch our Local sides , I don't feel any affinity towards BFC anymore which is sad, I honestly cannot see me going to Oakwell again, I will still go to watch 18s & 23s when we are allowed ,

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    For me though the players have to take a big slice of responsibility , yet all they are doing is feeling sorry for themselves . What makes my p!ss boil is they’re apparently all about young talent yet I am reliably informed they are releasing players at 13,14 and 15 because they are limiting numbers. These kids are then being apologised to by staff asi understand they don’t agree with the decision but their hands are tied. If we are so he’ll bent on developing players then sack asbaghi, stick all the young ones in and put devaney and Hassell in charge and let’s try and unearth some gems between now and the end of the season .
    allegedly

I doubt very much Hassel and Disco would want to be put in the firing line , with all due respect to them both , they have for now a relatively easy number , they also seem to enjoy their jobs too , putting them in charge with these Crackpot owners won't end well for either of them, It's only a matter of time before both of them move on ,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast