+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye all true Millers fans

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I still think it would be helpful and improve the site if the mods moved non- football threads to the other " Internet millers" section as soon as they can
    Grist, we've had this before and it was carried out like you say, however, I think you'll agree that some O/T threads of late have started to pop back up and have been a good debate. It is only when some take it off topic/political that it become a mess and spoils it for others. It is fair to say that the site generally has calmed down of late, just how we'd all like it to be. Hopefully this may well encourage others to return or indeed, provide new members.

I'm looking to post an O/T thread on the 1st Feb that will hopefully be discussed without becoming political and just remains on topic. It may also provide an insight to others past that may prove interesting. I'm sure somewhere in it, football will be mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Grist, we've had this before and it was carried out like you say, however, I think you'll agree that some O/T threads of late have started to pop back up and have been a good debate. It is only when some take it off topic/political that it become a mess and spoils it for others. It is fair to say that the site generally has calmed down of late, just how we'd all like it to be. Hopefully this may well encourage others to return or indeed, provide new members.

I'm looking to post an O/T thread on the 1st Feb that will hopefully be discussed without becoming political and just remains on topic. It may also provide an insight to others past that may prove interesting. I'm sure somewhere in it, football will be mentioned.
    I can name at least 4 that will take it off Topic don’t hold your breath Brin.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    I can name at least 4 that will take it off Topic don’t hold your breath Brin.
    But will their posts survive?

I'm sorry as I always get in trouble for calling you lads pathetic but you are. Roly, raging and the usual mob have reinterpreted the facts to suit their agenda and stated Nardendee's childish flounce was aimed at the "idiots" and "wind up merchants". But if you examine the facts (FACTS) you will see that Nardendee posted his disgust on post 36 of the Cambridge thread. That so he can only have been annoyed with perceived negative views on that thread. I have studied it and the only slight negativity came from Cam, Brin, Lolmorgan, Pocket, Grist, Timbertop, Millerstime and Millertop. These are hardly idiots or wind up merchants.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    I'm sorry as I always get in trouble for calling you lads pathetic but you are. Roly, raging and the usual mob have reinterpreted the facts to suit their agenda and stated Nardendee's childish flounce was aimed at the "idiots" and "wind up merchants". But if you examine the facts (FACTS) you will see that Nardendee posted his disgust on post 36 of the Cambridge thread. That so he can only have been annoyed with perceived negative views on that thread. I have studied it and the only slight negativity came from Cam, Brin, Lolmorgan, Pocket, Grist, Timbertop, Millerstime and Millertop. These are hardly idiots or wind up merchants.
    I personally took N's views as being disillusion with some of the general posts on here, not just on this thread. I would agree that none of those you suggest are wind up merchents etc. I personally have no problem with any posts on here, even the particularly shrill and hysterical ones from yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

They can still be a good debate after they have been moved to the other section.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    I personally took N's views as being disillusion with some of the general posts on here, not just on this thread. I would agree that none of those you suggest are wind up merchents etc. I personally have no problem with any posts on here, even the particularly shrill and hysterical ones from yourself
    He/she was clearly sick of comments about the team. I don't blame 'em to be honest. If anything needs moving, it's the post match threads. Win, lose or draw, the manager, the players and sometimes the chairman (or all) get unbelievable stick. They need a dose of the George Kerr/Phil Henson/Dave Cusack years some of them.

The following snippets are from the last 2 posts from nardendee.

Goodbye all true Millers fans
    I have posted my last posting on here.

Some of the people on here are a disgrace.

For future I will confine myself to Twitter.

Many people on here have been spoiled with our success and it’s...

Thread: Cambridge United Post Match Thoughts
    by NardendeeReplies

Is this forum becoming some kind of a joke? God knows what it would be like if we were mid table.
    Get a grip people and get behind the team.

It looks clear to me he/she was agitated by comments about the team rather than OT posts. Still it's no surprise to see a different interpretation from a few.

Shame they've decided to stop posting.

There are some regulars on this board that rarely ( some never) make comments on the football related threads but are all over the O/T posts like a bad rash.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    There are some regulars on this board that rarely ( some never) make comments on the football related threads but are all over the O/T posts like a bad rash.
    Yes that’s what gets me but I’ve learned to ignore it/them

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    He/she was clearly sick of comments about the team. I don't blame 'em to be honest. If anything needs moving, it's the post match threads. Win, lose or draw, the manager, the players and sometimes the chairman (or all) get unbelievable stick. They need a dose of the George Kerr/Phil Henson/Dave Cusack years some of them.

The following snippets are from the last 2 posts from nardendee.

Goodbye all true Millers fans
    I have posted my last posting on here.

Some of the people on here are a disgrace.

For future I will confine myself to Twitter.

Many people on here have been spoiled with our success and it’s...

Thread: Cambridge United Post Match Thoughts
    by NardendeeReplies

Is this forum becoming some kind of a joke? God knows what it would be like if we were mid table.
    Get a grip people and get behind the team.

It looks clear to me he/she was agitated by comments about the team rather than OT posts. Still it's no surprise to see a different interpretation from a few.

Shame they've decided to stop posting.
    Yes Howdy I am aware that Nardandee was commenting about comments on footy threads, not OT threads. And I agree that in my opinion the team gets very harsh negative crits when we are not performing, but in my opinion they are entitled to their views and some justify their crits very well indeed, and are well worth consideration. As I said I don't agree with N's action here but just understand why he gets peed off with it. As a long time fan since the late 70s with gates of 1.5k, I don't think we've ever had it so good as the last decade under TS, but that's just my opinion.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast