+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Demise of the Blackberry

Demise of the Blackberry

When I last looked at the news a couple of weeks ago 6EQUJS there was a report of a massive astroid or summat heading for earth that could wipe out mankind just like the dinosaurs (possibly) What happened to it,did it miss?

Oh,those blackberry phones was proper ****e for someone with fingers like sausages like me,I could never see why they was so popular,that keyboard was minute

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    Oh,those blackberry phones was proper ****e for someone with fingers like sausages like me,I could never see why they was so popular,that keyboard was minute
    Still use one Chalky (even though I also have a more modern Xaomi).

Class telephone. Small and light. Doesn't feel like you are carrying a brick in your pocket.

Great keyboard if you don't have Cumberland sausage fingers.

Probably the first telephone which enabled you to send emails and get the internet while on the move.

Things moved on but I don't like touchscreen devices. Give me a keyboard every time.

I didn't even know that they could get internet tbh,I could live without a phone because nobody phones me but it's handy when I'm traveling for the internet,I once read that the man who started the internet didn't patent it and if he had would probably have been the richest man in the world,think of the good that he could have done with that money

I didn't even know that they could get internet tbh,I could live without a phone because nobody phones me but it's handy when I'm traveling for the internet,I once read that the man who started the internet didn't patent it and if he had would probably have been the richest man in the world,think of the good that he could have done with that money
    The problem is that the richest men in the world tend not to do anything good with the money.

They avoid paying taxes and spend their fortunes on vanity projects like balloon races around the world or the billionaire space race.

Quote Originally Posted by howoldboy View Post
    The problem is that the richest men in the world tend not to do anything good with the money.

They avoid paying taxes and spend their fortunes on vanity projects like balloon races around the world or the billionaire space race.
    Yes it's very sad,I can never understand why people want to get richer than they already are when they've got enough to comfortably live on,why don't they donate the spare cash that they've got to worthy causes,if they feel like they must work then why not do it working for charity, think of all the small charities that could use that money in these times of need,they can't take it with them and they would be remembered for their generosity to boot ☹️

When I last looked at the news a couple of weeks ago 6EQUJS there was a report of a massive astroid or summat heading for earth that could wipe out mankind just like the dinosaurs (possibly) What happened to it,did it miss?
    This is the only such report that I could find, written on Monday.
    https://en.ammonnews.net/article/56005

I recently read about the one 60 million years ago that created worldwide conditions that either immediately or within months saw off all but the very small animals. Part of its devastation was caused by it landing in shallow water near to land so its effects were in the air and in the seas. There was a dim and unhealthy atmosphere, almost nothing could grow. If it had landed at a slightly greater angle it would have wiped out all life on Earth. If it had landed at a slightly lesser angle then it would have been relatively harmless with the dinosaurs surviving and now being the dominant species with human beings not existing.

I vaguely recall reading that there is a substantial asteroid that in several thousand years is likely to hit Earth but long before then we should be able to either deflect it or destroy it if it maintains its direction. As it says in the latter part of the above web page NASA is already working on this. In a seperate development an American former astronaut has created a company that is working on early detection of asteroids that may be a threat to Earth.
    Last edited by 6EQUJ5; 26-01-2022 at 03:00 PM.

That's type of thing that I remember seeing on the news but it was 2-3 weeks ago,maybe I'm psychic or summat,it's strange that there's no news of it unless that one ^^^ is the same one but you are far more informed that me so thanks for looking
    There's a couple of good shows on YouTube about the wiping out of dinosaurs and the after effects that it had on earth,it's all very interesting and I wish that I took more notice at school but as far as I can remember we never studied it,it was all the Tudors or Cromwell,we didn't even get educated about Nazism during the 30's or the breakout of WW2 in '39

I still have mine somewhere if not a couple of them as Mrs BDB had one as well.. I know one is white & not sure which of my black ones I have still..

They were great for work e mails but internet wise they were absolute bobbins.. saying that I had my first one donkeys years ago when you got “e” was it where you get 4G or 5G nowadays 😎

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)