+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Metaverse opportunity

O/T Metaverse opportunity

I nearly fell off my chair when reading you can purchase land in the metaverse, it looks like £20,000 should buy you a plot .....anyone interested

MoveStreets, which paid 8 Ethereum (the equivalent of $26,700 USD* [including gas, a fee for processing the transaction]) for one segment of LAND joins the likes of Atari, Adidas and OpenSea in owning real estate in The Sandbox metaverse. The property portal also bought a second plot of land for 7 Ethereum (ETH), which amounts to around $24K* including gas.

Although 26K sounds very expensive for a plot of real estate that only exists in the virtual world, the floor, the lowest price that a plot of The Sandbox land is currently trading for on the OpenSea Marketplace – a secondary market where Ethereum NFT holders can view and trade their NFTs – is (at the time of writing) 3.53 ETH ($11,509)*.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    I nearly fell off my chair when reading you can purchase land in the metaverse, it looks like £20,000 should buy you a plot .....anyone interested

MoveStreets, which paid 8 Ethereum (the equivalent of $26,700 USD* [including gas, a fee for processing the transaction]) for one segment of LAND joins the likes of Atari, Adidas and OpenSea in owning real estate in The Sandbox metaverse. The property portal also bought a second plot of land for 7 Ethereum (ETH), which amounts to around $24K* including gas.

Although 26K sounds very expensive for a plot of real estate that only exists in the virtual world, the floor, the lowest price that a plot of The Sandbox land is currently trading for on the OpenSea Marketplace – a secondary market where Ethereum NFT holders can view and trade their NFTs – is (at the time of writing) 3.53 ETH ($11,509)*.
    Sounds more like the Mentalverse to me, but what do I know ?

Can you pay with bit coins or with fantos ( the official currency of fantasy island)

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Can you pay with bit coins or with fantos ( the official currency of fantasy island)
    I thought this would be right up Johns street with it fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    I thought this would be right up Johns street with it fantasy
    He’ll have a friend doing it