+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: The Garrison 1st February 7PM

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Animal you have summarised this well. Just a few points from me.

I thought that the attendance was a little disappointing considering all the comments that we read on social media, I thought there would have been more people there. I wondered where the other contributors to Tykes Tv were given that they express similar opinions to Luke.

I would have liked to have heard more detail on the next steps although Luke alluded to the common day of protest against PMG with most of the other clubs they own. Also there was a statement on the BFC protest day v QPR on 12th Feb.

It seems that there are some local businessmen involved in the protest group, Im not sure who but I hope they add business like experience to the initiative and I further hope they have the finances to oust these charlatans.

Underneath where I was sat were a group of young uns who laughed and joked throughout Lukes presentation. They didnt really listen to the presentation that Luke thoughtfully put together. It concerns me that we have loose cannons getting involved possibly like the ones who were involved in the unsavoury events on Saturday. This initiative doesn't need that.

I noticed a few people connected to the club attended tonight and credit to them especially to Beth who received resounding applause for being there and her strength in adversity.

I thought half an hour of questions might have been useful if only to canvass other opinions, its not all about the thoughts of one person although I personally agree with almost all of them. Ive said this before, the not a penny more initiative is the most potent weapon against these owners, they are here for money and nothing else. Deprive them of that and there is no purpose for their presence here and they will leave. What that will do to BFC I dont know but I believe that getting them out is the priority. I will start to attend again once they have left.

Finally it seems that this initiative would like to work collaboratively with other like minded supporters groups. listening to and considering all opinions. I welcome a coordinated approach to this if disillusionment exists elsewhere
    I believe the Meeting was able to be viewed on Facebook live Ethel which would have had an impact on the numbers who attended the Garrison .

I would have welcomed a Q&A after Luke did his presentation too .

However I appreciate Luke is learning on the job so to speak and doesn't do this kind of thing for a living .

The lad did very well to be on his feet speaking alone for over an hour and a half , the visual content was impressive and must have taken a great deal of time .

Thanks for everyone's kind comments and I will continue to let posters know of any developments as we head towards the first official protest at the QPR game .

I forgot to thank you and Luke, apologies to both.

Update

Luke is on Football Heaven tonight from 6PM .

Dan Jarvis is also involved and wants to talk to Conway and co at the earliest opportunity .

Luke appreciated Khaled coming along and had a chat with him following his presentation .

The Group are open to dialogue with the club but appreciate they have massive differences to overcome .

Luke has asked for any protests tonight to be peaceful and not against the club's employee's and stewards .

Brilliant Animal , and a big thank you from me , would have loved to have met up with you or Eths, av Gorra beta tracky top than yor lot ennyrooard !! Thanks again you lads ,

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Spot on Eths.
    I thought all Reds fan were happy with promotions & play offs as they don't come around very often, but obviously not anymore if Conway is involved as it ruins the agenda. I think Luke Goddard & his Conway Out group would rather the club went out of business if it was the only way to put one over on Conway. Luke Goddard has an almost pathological hatred for Conway as seen on many of his TT videos (hence the silly 'conway out' title) which makes no sense when numerous owners are involved.

The main issue to grasp is that we are a club that loses millions every year & struggle to keep afloat, Patrick Cryne had to put in 6m to save us as well as selling our best players such as stones, holgate, hourihane, mawson, roberts, winnall, scowen etc. Before Cryne we had disaster & administration.

Therefore the CEO has to make decisions to make money to keep us going & these are behind most of the non football issues you raise. you are correct to say that we have made a lot of poor signings & quite a number of these cost around 1m & we currently have a wage bill of around 11m per year which is big for us. So agree a level of incompetence on recruitment can be aimed at PMG but this doesn't fit in with the owners 'bleeding the club dry' and 'only interested in making money', as they have wasted large sums & they haven't made any money.......(no-one makes money out of owning BFC). Fact is we usually have to take a risk when buying players for example, Roberts, Pinnock, hourihane and there are no guarantees they will come good.

That said, there is nothing wrong with PMG making money as they are a business & like other clubs that is their aim. Wouldn't you have liked to see us-in prem this season? who would have cared if PMG had made money out of their success whilst we enjoyed prem. its a nonsensical accusation to make.

Luke Goddard failed to come up with any details of his mystery owner & no fan in their right mind would back removing the current owners without knowing what replaces them (if anything). Basically the main purpose last night was to make things appear much worse than they are. The easy bit is stirring up hatred when we are having a lousy season & bottom of league. Anyway i am off to support our young team tonight, just hope that rest of fans do the same during the match rather than boost Cardiff by ignoring the team & chanting 'Conway out' they should leave this for before or after the game. COYR
    Last edited by Ponty End; 02-02-2022 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponty End View Post
    I thought all Reds fan were happy with promotions & play offs as they don't come around very often, but obviously not anymore if Conway is involved as it ruins the agenda. I think Luke Goddard & his Conway Out group would rather the club went out of business if it was the only way to put one over on Conway. Luke Goddard has an almost pathological hatred for Conway as seen on many of his TT videos (hence the silly 'conway out' title) which makes no sense when numerous owners are involved.

The main issue to grasp is that we are a club that loses millions every year & struggle to keep afloat, Patrick Cryne had to put in 6m to save us as well as selling our best players such as stones, holgate, hourihane, mawson, roberts, winnall, scowen etc. Before Cryne we had disaster & administration.

Therefore the CEO has to make decisions to make money to keep us going & these are behind most of the non football issues you raise. you are correct to say that we have made a lot of poor signings & quite a number of these cost around 1m & we currently have a wage bill of around 11m per year which is big for us. So agree a level of incompetence on recruitment can be aimed at PMG but this doesn't fit in with the owners 'bleeding the club dry' and 'only interested in making money', as they have wasted large sums & they haven't made any money.......(no-one makes money out of owning BFC). Fact is we usually have to take a risk when buying players for example, Roberts, Pinnock, hourihane and there are no guarantees they will come good.

That said, there is nothing wrong with PMG making money as they are a business & like other clubs that is their aim. Wouldn't you have liked to see us-in prem this season? who would have cared if PMG had made money out of their success whilst we enjoyed prem. its a nonsensical accusation to make.

Luke Goddard failed to come up with any details of his mystery owner & no fan in their right mind would back removing the current owners without knowing what replaces them (if anything). Basically the main purpose last night was to make things appear much worse than they are. The easy bit is stirring up hatred when we are having a lousy season & bottom of league. Anyway i am off to support our young team tonight, just hope that rest of fans do the same during the match rather than boost Cardiff by ignoring the team & chanting 'Conway out' they should leave this for before or after the game. COYR
    How many times does he or other people have to reiterate he cannot discuss the prospective owners because he's signed an NDA .

The prospective owners want to remain anonymous at this moment in time .

This is standard practice when buying football clubs until certain negotiations are complete to allow them to come out in the open .

Quote Originally Posted by Ponty End View Post

Having just listened to Luke Goddards views on Radio Sheffield I think that you're wrong. He said he had no association with the happenings on Saturday and reiterated how his group or any other unhappy fans should protest in a peaceful respectful way. Luke is doing a sterling job imo. He has a balanced view and aired his opinions very well about his concerns for this club under the current ownership.

Personally I am gravely concerned with the financial situation. Relegation is gonna hit this clubs finances really hard. The fact in years gone by is that we've sold to keep afloat. However, we now live in unprecedented times on the back of the covid pandemic. No championship clubs are spending as they were pre pandemic which is bad news for us. We are going to have to raise 6 to 8 million during the summer to cover the loss in TV revenue. Personally I think this will prove a real struggle. Most of the players are on 4 year contracts and we need them off the wage bill. I'm concerned to say the least

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Having just listened to Luke Goddards views on Radio Sheffield I think that you're wrong. He said he had no association with the happenings on Saturday and reiterated how his group or any other unhappy fans should protest in a peaceful respectful way. Luke is doing a sterling job imo. He has a balanced view and aired his opinions very well about his concerns for this club under the current ownership.

Personally I am gravely concerned with the financial situation. Relegation is gonna hit this clubs finances really hard. The fact in years gone by is that we've sold to keep afloat. However, we now live in unprecedented times on the back of the covid pandemic. No championship clubs are spending as they were pre pandemic which is bad news for us. We are going to have to raise 6 to 8 million during the summer to cover the loss in TV revenue. Personally I think this will prove a real struggle. Most of the players are on 4 year contracts and we need them off the wage bill. I'm concerned to say the least
    Pass and with all due respect to Ponty End his type of post in content was discussed by a number of us following last night's meeting , not him personally but those type of opinions of which he's entitled of course .

We need to move on from the just glad to have a club attitude .

The standards at this club are currently laughable and they need to rise .

The better fan attitude is also pretty flawed , if people didn't care there wouldn't be a Protest Group .

I've never known one before in other desperate times .

The better fans can be viewed from another direction too .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Part Two

The majority of what Luke said tonight were mainly the kind of stuff we've discussed on here for years , he needed to do this in my opinion as a starting point for The Group .

However there are things we didn't know .

At the point of PMG taking over the club in December 2017 there was £5.6m in the club's account and the club was debt free .

The last accounts and for 2020 which only takes in to account a very small impact of covid in those accounts revealed less than £0.7m remained in the club's account .

Since PMG took ownership of the club in late 2017 they have recruited 42 players who have played first team football and only made a profit on two of them , Kieffer Moore and Connor Chaplin .

Remember to bear in mind that this only includes the players they have bought and sold and not those like Pinnock and Lindsay who they inherited .

Dominic Freiser cost the club £720K last season and left the club recently for nothing as a small sample size of their ability .

With the greater impact of covid emerging the next accounts set to be released are worrying , to say the least .

We won't see the impact on relegation to league one until next year in the accounts but as you can see it doesn't bode well .

The financial situation at the club is deeply worrying .

Part 3 to follow .
    Thanks for updating Animal
    To be fair the financial figures were out there already. They bought the club with money in the bank but the well has run dry …. It wasn’t too good to be true like they first thought

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast