+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good piece int Chronicle

Good piece int Chronicle

Doug OKane - page 26.
    Regarding recruitment he says - Plan A didn’t work so why wasn’t there a Plan B, C, or D.
    An uncomfortable article to read - that to me sound like the owners have more or less given up.

Khaled seems a nice fella.
    When he signed there was a fanfare about his links to Scandinavian and American football teams which would be useful in the transfer market.
    Obviously that didn’t materialise.

Ahmad ez two faces---and tha can't trust either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Ahmad ez two faces---and tha can't trust either of them.
    He’s a very smiley friendly fella.
    Even under the circumstances - he’s willing to get out and meet the fans.
    Attending the Conway Out event was an excellent gesture.
    Plus of course - coming from the background that he does - and making it to be a high flier - shows that he very much comes from a family to be reckoned with - parents of substance.

Just read the piece on the FB site Conway Out about Nancy fans demonstrating.
    What the hell is going on at PMG !!!
    It’s unnerving.

The penny will eventually drop Nudge---until we have a spell in a match where we match the opposition for twenty minutes(but still lose)and you change your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    He’s a very smiley friendly fella.
    Even under the circumstances - he’s willing to get out and meet the fans.
    Attending the Conway Out event was an excellent gesture.
    Plus of course - coming from the background that he does - and making it to be a high flier - shows that he very much comes from a family to be reckoned with - parents of substance.
    Are you sure that it was a gesture Nudge or was it just an information gathering exercise against the protest group?

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    Are you sure that it was a gesture Nudge or was it just an information gathering exercise against the protest group?
    Luke invited him Arby but I suspect he was surprised he turned up .

He did keep an extremely low profile in all honesty which I wouldn't condemn him for either .

Possibly he chose to gauge the strength of the Group and report back .

Who knows Arby .

He'd have been better served looking at the online viewing figures mind as the meeting was streamed live .

I'm reliably informed it was massively higher than any Supporters Trust Q&A or even Patrick Cryne at the N0.7 years ago .

It wouldn't be right to call him out and whilst it wasn't exactly walking in to the lions den it potentially could have been , he didn't know how it was going to go .

The Group as far as I can tell are tired of words .

It's positive actions from the club that are going to become the credible currency going forward .

None of us can really know yet what Khaled's thoughts were.
    As a Conway & co spy who was sent to scout the opposition, or as the Ceo and fan who was maybe interested in hearing what needed to be said.
    Either way, I wonder if it even made him chang his mind at all, or at least look at things a little bit differently from our point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Luke invited him Arby but I suspect he was surprised he turned up .

He did keep an extremely low profile in all honesty which I wouldn't condemn him for either .

Possibly he chose to gauge the strength of the Group and report back .

Who knows Arby .

He'd have been better served looking at the online viewing figures mind as the meeting was streamed live .

I'm reliably informed it was massively higher than any Supporters Trust Q&A or even Patrick Cryne at the N0.7 years ago .

It wouldn't be right to call him out and whilst it wasn't exactly walking in to the lions den it potentially could have been , he didn't know how it was going to go .

The Group as far as I can tell are tired of words .

It's positive actions from the club that are going to become the credible currency going forward .
    Don't get me wrong Animal, I'm pleased that Khaled turned up. It does show some guts to walk into a Protest Group meeting so I certainly won't knock him for attending. I was just wondering as to his reasons for attending (I don't think it will just have been about making a nice gesture). However, it's good he attended because he can report back the reasons for the Protest Group's discontent. He will have also seen, from what you described in your report, a reasonable and reasoned argument as to the causes of the discontent, and may find himself agreeing on many issues. I won't be holding my breath for an appropriate response from the owners. If Khaled is the nice bloke that Nudge suggests, I suspect he may well end up walking himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    Don't get me wrong Animal, I'm pleased that Khaled turned up. It does show some guts to walk into a Protest Group meeting so I certainly won't knock him for attending. I was just wondering as to his reasons for attending (I don't think it will just have been about making a nice gesture). However, it's good he attended because he can report back the reasons for the Protest Group's discontent. He will have also seen, from what you described in your report, a reasonable and reasoned argument as to the causes of the discontent, and may find himself agreeing on many issues. I won't be holding my breath for an appropriate response from the owners. If Khaled is the nice bloke that Nudge suggests, I suspect he may well end up walking himself.
    My opinion is that if Dane Murphy really believed in this model and the Owners intent and on the back of finishing fifth in the championship he's still be here .

He did one out of the door at the first offer that came his way , a bigger club yep I get that but a better club not necessarily so .

That was a huge red flag in my opinion that things behind the scenes didn't sit right with him .

You could also argue that Val and Mowatt didn't believe that the club were going places either .

The only people who think they are right about this thing are Conway and co despite the evidence suggesting otherwise and that's not just limited to us either given the protest the fans of Nancy have held today .

That was some protest by the way .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast