+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coventry City fan racially abuses Stoke City player during warm-up

Quote Originally Posted by Karl998yr View Post
    It's getting worse because racism has been stirred up by the media since George Floyd. Rather than making things better it has done the complete opposite. They have to be relevant so the cycle continues.
    Then introduce brainless drunk fans at football matches who take exception to the taking of the knee and this sh*t is going to happen.
    Karl, I'm all for being respectful but I think taking the knee has run it's course in sport. It has been very well supported and I too currently applaud it but time to wrap it up now. There's enough on social media, TV, Radio and in the daily blags to still make everyone aware it's not acceptable at any level.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    CAM, I like it to dangle ......
    That’s what Ronnie Robinson said…

CAM, I like it to dangle ......
    You're just a clickbait whore

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    You're just a clickbait whore
    I'll have you know on my day when I dangle mine it has filled many a net.

Karl, I'm all for being respectful but I think taking the knee has run it's course in sport. It has been very well supported and I too currently applaud it but time to wrap it up now. There's enough on social media, TV, Radio and in the daily blags to still make everyone aware it's not acceptable at any level.
    I wonder what the response would be to playing the National Anthem before every game and supporters and players standing up and respecting it like what happens at every sporting event here in the US (until CK decided to kneel down). I even learned to words to The Star Spangled Banner so I could sing along (and it's much more challenging than God Save The Queen )

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I wonder what the response would be to playing the National Anthem before every game and supporters and players standing up and respecting it like what happens at every sporting event here in the US (until CK decided to kneel down). I even learned to words to The Star Spangled Banner so I could sing along (and it's much more challenging than God Save The Queen )

Yes, the SSB doesn’t seem to scan and flow.

This though, sort of works

Last edited by Grist_To_The_Mill; 26-01-2022 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    No, getting worse according to latest figures
    Yes I see which angle your coming from……I was just referring to certain news corps that eat themselves over this kind of event…

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    Yes I see which angle your coming from……I was just referring to certain news corps that eat themselves over this kind of event…
    Yes, true

Just as every news story has to mention “ mental health” and contain the word “ amazing” as many times as possible

I think this is just getting worse so what actually goes through this type of person's mind as they go about racially abusing someone?

They know the player won't retaliate physically and probably see it as easy pickings. Coventry have acted fast but surely they should have given all his details to the police also, so they could take swift action against the offender if proven.

It looks like Stoke are pushing for more action, good of them and rightly so, in order to bring this disgraceful behaviour to an end.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-60143630
    need more Eric Cantonas.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Didn’t we ban the guy that did the loud booing during taking the knee?
    I meant something more direct than that.
    The person booing the knee could have a multitude of reasons why they don't like it and non of them racially motivated.
    I've never heard anyone or read about anyone booing the kick it out campaign and it's been going for much longer

Although now you mention it didn't someone abuse a Cambridge fan at the away end as caught on a twitter clip. Although nothing seemed to happen afterwards
    Last edited by flourbasher; 26-01-2022 at 08:53 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast