+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coventry City fan racially abuses Stoke City player during warm-up

Coventry City fan racially abuses Stoke City player during warm-up

I think this is just getting worse so what actually goes through this type of person's mind as they go about racially abusing someone?

They know the player won't retaliate physically and probably see it as easy pickings. Coventry have acted fast but surely they should have given all his details to the police also, so they could take swift action against the offender if proven.

It looks like Stoke are pushing for more action, good of them and rightly so, in order to bring this disgraceful behaviour to an end.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-60143630
    Last edited by CAMiller; 26-01-2022 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Dangling title

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    ....so what actually goes through this type of person's mind as they go about racially abusing someone?

They know the player won't retaliate physically and probably see it as easy pickings. Coventry have acted fast but surely they should have given all his details to the police also, so they could take swift action against the offender if proven.

It looks like Stoke are pushing for more action, good of them and rightly so, in order to bring this disgraceful behaviour to an end.

Yes it’s getting worse, despite the “initiatives” that football seems to have more of compared to other sports

Maybe it’s get highlighted more as oppose to getting worse…

Fair play to Cov though, very swift action

Coventry City FC said the supporter had been banned and his season ticket confiscated after being identified by staff and CCTV at the ground.

They also passed his details to the Police

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    Maybe it’s get highlighted more as oppose to getting worse…
    No, getting worse according to latest figures

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    No, getting worse according to latest figures
    It seems like it.
    But I haven't witnessed it at a Rotherham match for a few decades.
    Others may have done though

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    It seems like it.
    But I haven't witnessed it at a Rotherham match for a few decades.
    Others may have done though
    Didn’t we ban the guy that did the loud booing during taking the knee?

I think this is just getting worse so what actually goes through this type of person's mind as they go about racially abusing someone?

CAM, I like it to dangle ......

It's getting worse because racism has been stirred up by the media since George Floyd. Rather than making things better it has done the complete opposite. They have to be relevant so the cycle continues.
    Then introduce brainless drunk fans at football matches who take exception to the taking of the knee and this sh*t is going to happen.

CAM, I like it to dangle ......
    Is it your court hearing next week?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast