+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coventry City fan racially abuses Stoke City player during warm-up

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yes, the SSB doesn’t seem to scan and flow.

This though, sort of works

There would be a few kickoff delays if that version was played. I even struggled to make to lyrics fit to that rendition.

nice and violent though is SSB

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    I meant something more direct than that.
    The person booing the knee could have a multitude of reasons why they don't like it and non of them racially motivated.
    I've never heard anyone or read about anyone booing the kick it out campaign and it's been going for much longer

Although now you mention it didn't someone abuse a Cambridge fan at the away end as caught on a twitter clip. Although nothing seemed to happen afterwards
    The ear cupping one..?.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I wonder what the response would be to playing the National Anthem before every game and supporters and players standing up and respecting it like what happens at every sporting event here in the US (until CK decided to kneel down). I even learned to words to The Star Spangled Banner so I could sing along (and it's much more challenging than God Save The Queen )
    Interestingly though, the other day someone from Europe asked if people in the US get fed up of hearing it before every NBA game (and NFL etc but it was on an NBA forum) and the overwhelming response was that they don't actually show it on the TV broadcasts so only those in the arena get the joy of it over and over and over again. He asked because if you watch live from here you don't get the ad breaks like you would on TV there, it cuts to in arena activities (shirt toss, dancing blah blah) so you see it before every game if you watch live. I'm not sure if it is different in the NFL in terms of it being shown live on TV over there? Even I know a load of it now because of the above, when I'm not zoned out.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Interestingly though, the other day someone from Europe asked if people in the US get fed up of hearing it before every NBA game (and NFL etc but it was on an NBA forum) and the overwhelming response was that they don't actually show it on the TV broadcasts so only those in the arena get the joy of it over and over and over again. He asked because if you watch live from here you don't get the ad breaks like you would on TV there, it cuts to in arena activities (shirt toss, dancing blah blah) so you see it before every game if you watch live. I'm not sure if it is different in the NFL in terms of it being shown live on TV over there? Even I know a load of it now because of the above, when I'm not zoned out.
    Only features on TV here at the end of season games (playoffs and finals) but happens at every sporting event, even High School football, basketball games etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Karl, I'm all for being respectful but I think taking the knee has run it's course in sport. It has been very well supported and I too currently applaud it but time to wrap it up now. There's enough on social media, TV, Radio and in the daily blags to still make everyone aware it's not acceptable at any level.
    Have to agree, never happy with a gesture that goes back over a thousand years that’s stepped in blood.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Only features on TV here at the end of season games (playoffs and finals) but happens at every sporting event, even High School football, basketball games etc.
    Bizarre when it is all the time, when it isn't the national team playing in a given sport. Always an endless supply of people happy to have their turn singing it mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl998yr View Post
    It's getting worse because racism has been stirred up by the media since George Floyd. Rather than making things better it has done the complete opposite. They have to be relevant so the cycle continues.
    Then introduce brainless drunk fans at football matches who take exception to the taking of the knee and this sh*t is going to happen.
    Or brainless drunk fans at football matches that can't respect a minutes silence. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    need more Eric Cantonas.
    Crash I did think of that 🤣🤣

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123