+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Manager’s Position Now Untenable!

I can only see Brunt and Morrison pulling this shambles together to get us through the season now.

The atmosphere is febrile, Ken will be warning Lai that there will be efffigys of his shrunken head being paraded at games on sticks by fans if he doesn’t throw them some red meat in the form of a sacrifice.

At least the Blues fans are showing some collective venom towards their owners, why the f u c k are we so apathetic as a bunch?

I include myself in this criticism by the way.

ENOUGH.

If there’s any chance of meaningful numbers for protests before matches I’ll be there even if I refuse to put money in Lai’s pocket by going into the matches.

Are we really going to stand by whilst Lai completely f u c k s our club?

WELL ARE WE!!!!?

Whatever anyone says about the manager we've got too many players having off days at the same time. Saturday was nowhere near as bad as many suggested and if we'd scored before half time we'd have had a hat full.

Preston were more up for it and tonight flitted from average to pathetic. Don't know about other posters but the bosses I've had and actually liked are very few and far between. It never stopped me putting a shift in though.

We've got some decent players. We've got some decent characters. We've also got a number of lilly livered no balls fkn w@nchors who I'd be happy to put against a wall before the manager.

Sweet dreams all.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Whatever anyone says about the manager we've got too many players having off days at the same time. Saturday was nowhere near as bad as many suggested and if we'd scored before half time we'd have had a hat full.

Preston were more up for it and tonight flitted from average to pathetic. Don't know about other posters but the bosses I've had and actually liked are very few and far between. It never stopped me putting a shift in though.

We've got some decent players. We've got some decent characters. We've also got a number of lilly livered no balls fkn w@nchors who I'd be happy to put against a wall before the manager.

Sweet dreams all.
    All well and good 68 but like most clubs,we can’t change all the players and if the manager can’t get a tune out of them then he has to go.

I look no further than my semi pro side Stourbridge, an appalling first three months of the season under former Bluenose Mark Yates.....very much the Sgt Major type like Val.

One win in the league when he was sacked in early November or late October, I forget exactly.

I was a strong voice locally to bring in our former player Leon Broadhurst as manager, he was still playing at Bromsgrove at the time.

Record appearance maker for Stour, around 800 games over 17-18 years and totally respected by one and all and a quiet but brainy guy.

Only 37 as well, but I thought he would be best choice.

He got the job with another former teammate in Stuart Pierpoint, again, very well liked and respected.

A couple or three real a r s e kickings in their first few weeks in terms of results as they sorted out Yates’s shambles.

Including those three thrashings they’ve now won 13 and drawn 5 of their next 18 matches and are flying up the league, they’re the form team.

I would have no hesitation in begging Chris Brunt to take over immediately with maybe Jimmy Morrison.

The whole club needs a lift and a return to traditional playing values and people the fans can get behind.

Val has to go.......along with three or four poisonous lightweights in the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    Something has clearly happened behind the scenes, for the first time tonight the players clearly weren't playing for him, his body language on the side of the pitch was also really poor I think its a question of when rather than if.
    I agree entirely sns buddy. No comparison with Saturday’s effort. The lack of commitment was universal. This is going to be a difficult mess to resolve given the 4 year contract and apparent absence of any additional financial input.
    I accept being outplayed by a better side, but the disinterest displayed last night was unacceptable. I’d rather see the youngsters play.

Problem is who is advising our Board on football matters. Ken and Lai Piyue have no football experience whatsoever. Lai the same. We sacked our Football Director with no replacement. Jenkins has long since departed as he saw the writing on the wall.

We are in a big mess. Plus we gave Val a four year contract and paid £2m to get him. So to sack him after seven months - even though it’s clearly the right thing to do - will stick in the craw of the club’s hierarchy. What a f*****g shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrera View Post
    Problem is who is advising our Board on football matters. Ken and Lai Piyue have no football experience whatsoever. Lai the same. We sacked our Football Director with no replacement. Jenkins has long since departed as he saw the writing on the wall.

We are in a big mess. Plus we gave Val a four year contract and paid £2m to get him. So to sack him after seven months - even though it’s clearly the right thing to do - will stick in the craw of the club’s hierarchy. What a f*****g shambles.
    Have to agree.

How much will it cost to sack Val? Probably £5M+? Lai can’t or won’t find that for a new player to give us a better chance of promotion so I can’t see him paying it as well as new salaries for replacements, coaches/Managers.

At the end of the day they have always said the club has to be self sufficient and I don’t think they are prepared to pay to get rid of Val no matter how bad the football is. Think we have got enough to stay up which is something I suppose!!

I have to say an almighty mess they are making of this club. Blackburn under the Venki’s? How long before the club started to make progress after they left?

The biggest disappointment to me is that I honestly think this is the worst Championship for many a year. Despite that at best we already look like we can only make the play offs and last night that looked a long way off.

I have a feeling that we will have to be out of the top 6 before he goes, if this is the case then I can’t believe I even half think this but I’d rather we lost on Saturday to get rid ( I think we will loose by the way) sad times..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)