+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anybody else feel ......

Does anybody else feel ......

...... as low as I do regarding our club this morning?

We have an owner who is completely and utterly disinterested, a board who are inept, a scouting system that is useless and a manager with the football brain of a tadpole. Even our shirts are not representative of West Bromwich Albion Football Club.

Last night's performance was a disgrace from start to finish. The club needs an overbal from top to bottom. Premiership football next season, you have to be joking!

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    ...... as low as I do regarding our club this morning?

We have an owner who is completely and utterly disinterested, a board who are inept, a scouting system that is useless and a manager with the football brain of a tadpole. Even our shirts are not representative of West Bromwich Albion Football Club.

Last night's performance was a disgrace from start to finish. The club needs an overbal from top to bottom. Premiership football next season, you have to be joking!
    Absolutely L B mate felt like this & posted on this months ago can't see it ending ,

Well......we are certat not in a good place....play offs could be difficult to make as well.

What are we expecting? That's a serious question. I constantly wonder what the point of football is these days. There are many teams below us, one of which Derby County that is in way more trouble than us. Teams like Forest who have struggled for years to try and get back in the Prem. Weve actually got back quite a few times while they have been thinking about it. Even IF, Even IF, we got promoted and actually stayed up there longer than the 8 seasons we did at our best, WE STILL WOULD BE WAITING TO FAIL. The top teams in the Prem lose ground. Man utd got toppled and now struggle, Liverpool waited years and it didn't last long. Man city, Chelsea will all have their glory moments and then slip slide down the pecking order. In the grand scheme of things we have done ok, nothing spectacular but ok. MANY clubs have performed far worse, and some better but still not reached the pinnacle of Prem champions. Seriously I wonder what the point is about getting upset over the fact that the only consistent thing about football is its inconsistency.

West Bromwich Albion are the least of my worries at the moment. The Albion's where I go for a bit of respite. Count your blessings one and all.... 😊 .

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    West Bromwich Albion are the least of my worries at the moment. The Albion's where I go for a bit of respite. Count your blessings one and all.... �� .

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    What are we expecting? That's a serious question. I constantly wonder what the point of football is these days. There are many teams below us, one of which Derby County that is in way more trouble than us. Teams like Forest who have struggled for years to try and get back in the Prem. Weve actually got back quite a few times while they have been thinking about it. Even IF, Even IF, we got promoted and actually stayed up there longer than the 8 seasons we did at our best, WE STILL WOULD BE WAITING TO FAIL. The top teams in the Prem lose ground. Man utd got toppled and now struggle, Liverpool waited years and it didn't last long. Man city, Chelsea will all have their glory moments and then slip slide down the pecking order. In the grand scheme of things we have done ok, nothing spectacular but ok. MANY clubs have performed far worse, and some better but still not reached the pinnacle of Prem champions. Seriously I wonder what the point is about getting upset over the fact that the only consistent thing about football is its inconsistency.
    Totally agree with you 100% boingy....👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    West Bromwich Albion are the least of my worries at the moment. The Albion's where I go for a bit of respite. Count your blessings one and all.... 😊 .
    No truer words spoken 68.....so very very true.....👍👍

Yes, there are far more important things to concern us than football but when we turn out to support the team the least we should expect is effort. Of course we won’t win every match but I do expect commitment and effort, that goes for the manager too, in making sure we have the best team out there with a plan to try to win the game. Last night I saw no evidence of anything like that.

Boingy, I have always admired your optimism and positive approach in the past and have more often than not agreed with your sentiments. However, I cannot go along with you regarding our present situation.

I have been a season ticket holder for a long time now but as I've said previously, due to Covid, I didn't renew this year. I've seen the majority of our games via the TV and am so glad at my decision. Why would I make a hundred mile round trip to watch the appalling football that we are producing. I'm not a 'fair weather' supporter as in my seventy years as an Albion fan I've obviously witnessed 'the good, the bad and the ugly'. This has got to be the ugliest and no, I haven't forgotten our third tier days either. The players may have been limited and the football, not the best. Was the football worse than this though? I don't think that it was! Last night's performance, no matter how you look at it, was absolutely shocking in all aspects of the game.

In my opinion, this cannot be allowed to continue. Ismael is not going to alter. He's a 'one trick pony' and what happened to Barnsley last season was a once in a lifetime event, a bit like Leicester City winning the Premiership. That's not a reflection on Leicester by the way because they fully deserved their success, but again, a once in a lifetime achievement. There is only one option open to us and sadly it means sacking the manager before it's too late to save the season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)