+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kibbutz

A big part of Kibbutz development was built on cheap foreign labour.

My sister and her hippie mates for example

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I get the utopian kibbutzim idea Balan, but I abhor how you Israelis treat the Palestinian kids...

Attachment 20871
    That Israeli stormtrooper missed a trick there BT, a quick flick of his left boot and he could have smashed that little boy's teeth in. I'll bet he got a right bo11ocking when he got back to barracks.

wanderlust:
    Its a give and take relationship, everyone is different I do not know many that have 'hated 'the Kibbutz '***'pieriance ?? where can young people go and have a 1-3 ? months holiday, working some 6 hours then off to the swimming pool ,with others from different countries. On the Sabbath, we used to play the Brits ,Danes and Israelis at 5 a side football, by the swimming pool, guess which group mostly always won? ( The Danes!) Then at nights campfire and booze. On our Kibbutz volunteer web page there are over 400 members, so not bad if so many came and experience Israel and Kibbutz life. For Volunteers the Kibbutz arranges for them trips ,Jerusalem, Golan Heights, the Dead Sea ,Eilat etc . Volunteers did get a small wage ,but then if you stayed in the Kibbutz everything like food in the dinning room was free, also they were supplied work clothes, beer wines etc, they bought.
    "Hundreds of thousands of volunteers lived and worked in kibbutzim from the 1960s through to present times. For many of those who came for a taste of the unique cooperative communities in Israel, their kibbutz experience proved to be a watershed in their lives, a never to be forgotten positive period in their travels. We want to pool those memories, energies and ties during this very special centenary celebration, and hopefully our nostalgia for days gone by will bring about renewed interest in Israel and especially the kibbutz movement.
    Figures recently published by the kibbutz movement show that volunteers from Britain were the largest number from any one country. An astounding 50,000 Brits have lived, worked and partied in one of the 270 kibbutzim since those communities opened their gates to outsiders in the early 1960s, with the largest wave at any one time having been during the 1967 Six-Day-War.
    Surprisingly, the second largest number of volunteers came from South Africa with 40,000, Swedes in third place with 25,000, Denmark 20,000 and Germany 15,000.
    Hundreds of volunteers over the years have married kibbutz folk and settled down to a life on the farm, others have settled in Israeli cities. Among those who went home one can find famous actors, artists, musicians and politicians, authors and journalists. ( our Boris Johnson, stayed and worked in a kibbutz too)

A volunteer from the USA tells about her kibbutz. If you know anybody sons or daughters that want a great time! Welcome.

A Danish girl:

They only went over for a free shag Balan. Have you been sniffing?

BT. Please do not give away the secrets of a kibbutz because of your knowledge ,it could be that right away 2,000 young Burnley fans could read this and depart on their mystery tour ,to explore the adventure and experience of young ladies from all over the world ,in fact so highly rated ,it is better than what was the Mecca dancing at Burnley or Blackburn, volunteers get paid so what is the problem? ''Money fur nothin and the chicks are free!''

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    BT. Please do not give away the secrets of a kibbutz because of your knowledge ,it could be that right away 2,000 young Burnley fans could read this and depart on their mystery tour ,to explore the adventure and experience of young ladies from all over the world ,in fact so highly rated ,it is better than what was the Mecca dancing at Burnley or Blackburn, volunteers get paid so what is the problem? ''Money fur nothin and the chicks are free!''
    Sorry Balan, jealousy got the better of me!

I'll be having a word with my sister

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    I'll be having a word with my sister
    Lol! She will say, "What goes on in a kibbutz, stays in a kibbutz!"

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)